Pushmonkey

I think there will be more turnover than the last 1-2 offseasons, but I still expect a mostly similar roster.

FA dollars will go to a SP or two at the non-Burnes tier, a solid but non-star outfielder, and maybe a reliever. 

I think one of the Ryans will be traded due to Kjerstad/Mayo assuming larger roles, but Mullins will not be traded. No trades at the star-power level of the Burnes trade, but maybe an Eflin type trade depending on how the SP FA market is going. 

3 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I think there will be more turnover than the last 1-2 offseasons, but I still expect a mostly similar roster.

FA dollars will go to a SP or two at the non-Burnes tier, a solid but non-star outfielder, and maybe a reliever. 

I think one of the Ryans will be traded due to Kjerstad/Mayo assuming larger roles, but Mullins will not be traded. No trades at the star-power level of the Burnes trade, but maybe an Eflin type trade depending on how the SP FA market is going. 

I think the bullpen also will change. 

A lot depends upon how much Rubenstein is willing to spend, but I am assuming that Elias will make few if any significant trades and will spend a tremendous amount of time gambling on unknowns, old or damaged free agents, washed out former high prospects, and cash considerations guys.

4 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

A lot depends upon how much Rubenstein is willing to spend, but I am assuming that Elias will make few if any significant trades and will spend a tremendous amount of time gambling on unknowns, old or damaged free agents, washed out former high prospects, and cash considerations guys.

I'm predicting a bunch of AAAA 1B/RF types as insurance for Mayo/Kjerstad.  I expect Mountcastle to be traded and and Burnes and Santander leave as free agents.  Kimbrel and Soto options are not picked up.  Dominguez option is.  Big free agent acquisition is a #3 type starter and 2nd tier reliever.

25 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm predicting a bunch of AAAA 1B/RF types as insurance for Mayo/Kjerstad.  I expect Mountcastle to be traded and and Burnes and Santander leave as free agents.  Kimbrel and Soto options are not picked up.  Dominguez option is.  Big free agent acquisition is a #3 type starter and 2nd tier reliever.

I don’t think Elias will pay for a major FA of any kind, especially not at pitcher, and he’ ll not pay for any kind of impact reliever. It’s just too risky( case in point, Craig Kimbrel) and he’s had legitimate success dumpster diving for relievers(pick up ten, keep five, and two of those are excellent for a season or so) so it’s most likely he will continue that.

Mountcastle is a solid player, slightly above average and not too expensive, but he’s just another 1B, and his offense, at a career 113 OPS+, isn’t going to excite anyone, especially at 1B. So I doubt he will be traded because Elias will overvalue him.

I agree with your other points, but again, a lot depends on how much Rubinstein is willing to spend.

Edited by HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’m not even thinking about next year when we’re battling for 1st against the Yankees this year and are a playoff contender. 2025 can wait. 

This is the correct answer. We are closing in on Sept 1. Our season will end in less than 90 days no matter how well it ends.   The Orioles are going to be good in 2025 too. 

We can complete 2024 and debrief on what went well and what went poorly and properly evaluate the needs for 2025 then. 

Even if you really believe this year is slipping away. Giving up without playing it out is poor. We wouldn’t accept that from a player. We should hold ourselves accountable too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Too Tall said:

We really don't know how Elias will operate under new ownership. But it's good that a number on here have low expectations. Should make for real euphoria when we sign Soto! 😀

Just an FYI, Gregory Soto isn't a FA until 2026.

• Haha 1

Well the rotation definitely will need help with only Eflin, and GRod. Man that's scary that they only have 2 starters. Please no one do not mention Trevor Rogers. He's closer to being DFA than having a spot on this team as far as I'm concerned. Kremer meh.BP will need work and a couple of RH hitters. 

3 hours ago, Baseball fandom said:

Well the rotation definitely will need help with only Eflin, and GRod. Man that's scary that they only have 2 starters. Please no one do not mention Trevor Rogers. He's closer to being DFA than having a spot on this team as far as I'm concerned. Kremer meh.BP will need work and a couple of RH hitters. 

I'll Mention Rogers because you did. He,s closer to being DFA than being part of this team. Based upon what? 4 or 5 bad starts. If he was waiver fodder fair enough. Has 2 years team control and multiple options,and past success. He's going nowhere.

Add Mayo on OD. Basallo around June. 

Subtract Burnes, Santa, and Kimbrel.

Mountcastle traded.  

Mullins, Urias, and Mateo, all offered arbitration.  Soto declined.

SP - Eflin, Grayson, Suarez, Kremer, Rogers

BP - Bautista, Cano, Dominguez, Webb, Coloumbe, Akin, Perez, Burch Smith

Lineup 

1. Cowser L LF

2. Adley S C

3. Gunnar L SS

4. O’Hearn L DH

5. Westburg R 3B

6. Kjerstad L RF

7. Holliday L 2B

8. Mayo R 1B

9. Mullins L CF