9/3 vs White Sox.

Baseball fandom

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Sizemore showing that fire paid immediate dividends. Showed Wendelstedt who was boss and right away they started getting the calls.

Hyde has a lot to learn from him.

Is this sarcasm? Benintendi promptly got rung up on a pitch way outside right after.

8 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

These umps should not have the discretion they do. Being able to miss multiple calls egregiously and then to compound it by throwing out multiple players/managers for calling out your mistake is absurd. Bring on the robots.

Agreed. 9-0 or not, call the game right. I mean, if you wanna give the close ones I get it, but 2 or more balls lengths is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Lol, actually Wendelstedt made a revenge call on the next batter getting Beni ejected as well. That was a direct result of Sizemore getting ejected.

I know, I thought I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick. 

Wendelstedt is an absolute embarrassment — but the idea that they’re changing the calls in your favor in response to getting berated is kinda goofy regardless of who the ump is.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Pretty terrible to Hyde. Mayo got on base two of the three times he batted in his last game which means he needs to sit for 3-4 full games before getting a random PH appearance.

Maybe our bench coach is just napping

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I know, I thought I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick. 

Wendelstedt is an absolute embarrassment — but the idea that they’re changing the calls in your favor in response to getting berated is kinda goofy regardless of who the ump is.

Ah, got it. It is very, very hard to tell sarcasm these days. You did an excellent impression :)

• Upvote 1

I've been a skeptic of Povich. I have seen him great and Ive seen him dreadful too...tonight with a big lead, he's been magnificent...better than he was vs the Red Sox.Sure, its the horrible White Sox, but you still have to pitch...and he's pitched as well as any starter this year for 7 innings...NO WALKS in 7 complete... pretty damned good...