Injury updates

Sports Guy

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I am curious who the second player will be. Johnson is the easy one. 

IMO, it's between Holliday and Soto. I think Jimenez goes when Monty comes back. I'm leaning to keeping Soto and letting Holliday join Mayo but that's me. Most will disagree but tis how I feel.

33 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

IMO, it's between Holliday and Soto. I think Jimenez goes when Monty comes back. I'm leaning to keeping Soto and letting Holliday join Mayo but that's me. Most will disagree but tis how I feel.

Yes, Eloy goes when Mounty returns.  It’s three players who ultimately need to get sent down, so the move that’s the most irreversible (DFAing Jimenez) is the one you sequence last.

I was leaning towards keeping Holliday, but tonight’s game may have swayed me towards Soto despite Holliday’s walk.  We don’t need both.

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

or Livan Soto.

I reckon it goes like this:

Johnson for Urias

Jackson for Westy

Eloy for Mounty

I think the O’s can’t chance the defensive issues from Holliday at this point. I’m still very high on him, but he got a ton of important experience and knows what to work on in the offseason.

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

I reckon it goes like this:

Johnson for Urias

Jackson for Westy

Eloy for Mounty

I think the O’s can’t chance the defensive issues from Holliday at this point. I’m still very high on him, but he got a ton of important experience and knows what to work on in the offseason.

I agree with those moves, but I could also see Elias and Hyde wanting to keep Holliday on the roster for the rest of the season and the playoffs to get some experience since he's going to be a core part of the team for what will hopefully be multiple playoff runs. I'd understand that line of thinking, and would be fine with it. But I do think Holliday should be on the bench the rest of the way in that scenario. 

The only move I desperately want to see is Eloy released. He's such a bad player and such an insult to good baseball. I'll be relieved when he's gone. 

I would just keep Holliday and Soto and DFA Jimenez then if you want you could send Baker down with off day the bullpen should be rested unless we get short start tomorrow.  I like Hollidays speed off the bench as a pinch runner late in games compared to Soto.  

I know the OH hates Holliday, but it's a no brainer keeping him over Soto. We're talking about bench players who are going to, at most, have a small role in a few games. Soto has no pop and is slow. He's a warm body as it is. Holliday's ability to run can be very useful in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If we send Holliday down now, is he not ineligible for the playoffs? We might want him for a pinch runner.

Roch said sending down Mayo now meant he still would have postseason eligibility, so I don’t think it matters if they do that. 

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If we send Holliday down now, is he not ineligible for the playoffs? We might want him for a pinch runner.

He would be ineligible if he gets sent down today. Yesterday was the last day to option someone and have them be eligible to come back for the wild card series because yesterday was 10 days from the first WC game. Once a player is optioned he can't return for 10 days unless he's replacing an injured player.

3 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

He would be ineligible if he gets sent down today. Yesterday was the last day to option someone and have them be eligible to come back for the wild card series because yesterday was 10 days from the first WC game. Once a player is optioned he can't return for 10 days unless he's replacing an injured player.

So then I don't think he gets optioned. I think they save him for the postseason roster. I see Johnson and Jimenez going for Westburg and Urias. Mountcastle may not be back till the playoffs.