O’s look done

Pat Kelly

5 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

I think there’s a real chance we don’t see another win this season. If that happens, something has to change. 

That would equal a 13 game losing streak. I doubt we see that. We will probably win a couple games but that's it.

I think the fact that we just kept hanging in there because the Yanks were scuffling too, lulled me into thinking we'd get going eventually.  That wool has certainly been removed from my eyes, which are wide open to the possibility of a 2-11 or 1-12 type finish, and missing the playoffs entirely.  We're already 0-3 towards a finish like that, and its hard to look at the schedule and think there are many wins left on it.  We just can't hit, at all. The approach is terrible.  I can't recall ever watching a team go from so good to so bad at that aspect of the game, within one season (I'm sure its happened but doesn't feel like it, not to this degree). One pitch into the game this one felt over already (even though they eventually took the lead, albeit briefly) because scratching any runs across is a Herculean task.  You just can't win scoring two runs a game.  And I'm not sure we're even averaging that lately.

The Tigers are going to make it.  Its just a matter of who among Bal/KC/Min they knock out.  And with us playing the Twins at the end of the season, it might come down to that series.  Anyone feel confident we come up big there?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

A couple wins against the Tigers this weekend would do the trick. They can't play this bad forever, right?

What has changed since last weekend to make you think we can take 2 of 3 from the Tigers?

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think the fact that we just kept hanging in there because the Yanks were scuffling too, lulled me into thinking we'd get going eventually.  That wool has certainly been removed from my eyes, which are wide open to the possibility of a 2-11 or 1-12 type finish, and missing the playoffs entirely.  We're already 0-3 towards a finish like that, and its hard to look at the schedule and think there are many wins left on it.  We just can't hit, at all. The approach is terrible.  I can't recall ever watching a team go from so good to so bad at that aspect of the game, within one season (I'm sure its happened but doesn't feel like it, not to this degree). One pitch into the game this one felt over already (even though they eventually took the lead, albeit briefly) because scratching any runs across is a Herculean task.  You just can't win scoring two runs a game.  And I'm not sure we're even averaging that lately.

The Tigers are going to make it.  Its just a matter of who among Bal/KC/Min they knock out.  And with us playing the Twins at the end of the season, it might come down to that series.  Anyone feel confident we come up big there?

I'm don’t have any confidence in this team there or anywhere.  This has been the most prolonged death march I can ever recall.  

11 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Not counting tonight, over the last 10 games they are averaging exactly 2 runs a game.