Fangraphs updated top prospect list

Sports Guy

6 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Really an amazing run, 4 straight years. I completely agree with the ranking, too.

There's no way Kjerstad is still a prospect though, right? 45 days is the cutoff and he's played in 48 games.

B-Ref has 118 career at-bats this morning - he may or may not cross 130 this week.    Better chance he will as I think they may mean to use him, and because he has exceeded 45 active roster days he is no longer eligible for 2025 RoY even if he unders the at-bats threshold.    It could depend on Mountcastle.

Looking at his stats, 5 HBP in 103 PA this year a bunch.    Those and walks have his OBP 108 ahead of the batting average.

I think some public sources may use the clearer at-bats for ease making up these lists.

34 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

I notice Coby Mayo listed as a RF. 

Back when managing the FG prospect list was Kevin Goldstein's gig between jobs with the Astros and Twins, he was gently teasing his old colleagues Mike and Sig with that label circa 2021.

Hopefully the club will give Coby very clear guidance what to prepare for for Sarasota 2025.

Maybe Kjerstad and Mayo get a Florida condo together and have joint 1B/RF practices all winter.

44 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Congrats to Basallo.  I didn't see him making it to #1 until next year.  Good call on those who did.  Hopefully our other top 10 prospects (Jackson and Mayo) will be well established MLers by the time Basallo makes it to Baltimore.

I think Fangraphs will be out there on a limb on this one.