Starters vs Minnesota?

Wavetrapper

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Not really burning a spot. He will need to go on the 40 man this offseason anyway and Eloy serves no purpose on the 40.

Yep. There's room for him right now on it and you have to add him anyway. 

I'd love to see it. I guess the question is who do you option to make room for him?

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Option Baker, DFA Jimenez or Burch Smith. 

Just DFA baker, get it over with, gonna keep Jimenez around in case somebody injured. Smith? See Baker. They got 3 guys on the 60 day IL that potentially have to come back to the 40 after the season.

5 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Option Baker, start Rogers on Saturday. Use Suarez in relief for about 30 pitches.

Option Rogers, DFA Eloy, start Young on Sunday.

I like this plan, could give Rogers a confidence boost going into the offseason if he could have a good start. Perfect scenario for Young to get a taste of MLB hitters before next spring training. 

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Why anybody would want us to start . Even in a meaningless game I’d reward McDermott or Davidson.

Davidson's contract was selected. Matt Bowman starting (opening?) tonight. Bryan Baker optioned.

2 hours ago, rm5678 said:

Davidson's contract was selected. Matt Bowman starting (opening?) tonight. Bryan Baker optioned.

There’s something very satisfying about the roster jockeying before the playoffs. It signifies a job well done and is a comfortable place to be.