Adley shares tough health admission

accinfo

5 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Gotta say, in the postseason the past two years this team has played like a 55 win team.  And you know what, I did "worry" about them in the postseason, both years, because they weren't crisp going into either one.  If my team is going to be in the playoffs, I'd prefer that they show up and play quality baseball.  This version is still pretty unwatchable.

55 win teams give 1.5 runs a game? 

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yep.  Just total bs. If he can’t handle that, which is less than previous years, we have a real problem.

They're going to have to move him to 1B much earlier than we want.  That or he needs to drastically change his conditioning/maintenance program.  I hope Basallo is ready soon.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Out of shape wouldn’t cause this level of suckiness. There is more to it than this.

Well, he could have more than an average amount of soreness and being banged up, and I would categorize that as being out of shape. If there's no injury, there's no injury. Can't really assume Elias and Hyde are lying about that fact - why would they if the alternative is Adley is simply not good or not in shape? 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

There is no evidence he dogged it. 

He got beat up and didn’t play as well. Stuff happens. 

I'm not really saying he dogged it. I'm saying he has to look at his offseason work and change something. He was not in shape to handle 100 games at catcher and still hit well. Whatever he's doing for training did not work. 

6 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

If Adley was worn down why did he start the last 2 games of the season when there was nothing left to gain/lose? Could've rested him the whole Twins series and gave him 4 days off heading into the playoffs

So infuriating.

Only thing I can think of is they felt the extra reps were more important than a day off…but that just seems like bs thinking to me.