Adley shares tough health admission

accinfo

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So infuriating.

Only thing I can think of is they felt the extra reps were more important than a day off…but that just seems like bs thinking to me.

Or Elis is being honest and Adley's not really injured and he's just sucking. Hard to tell. 

Apparently Adley was crying after the game. He didn't want to suck, so if it's a conditioning or preparation thing, then hopefully he gets in gear. 

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a major issue considering he started under 100 games at Catcher.

And remember, they started babying him very early, long before the slump.  We were all complaining how  often McCann was starting.  

Something doesn't smell quite right about all this 

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh yea, I don't believe them.

So what do you think is going on? Does Adley just not want the narrative of being injured? 

I do find it odd that a guy like Salvy is 34, started 90 games at C and had a similar or better year. Adley is every bit as talented and 8 years younger. He should be up to the task easily.

This question has probably already been addressed, but if he’s not 100% and he’s playing anyway, that’s probably OK if he’s still being productive.

If he’s not being productive, the physical problem is severe enough to need some kind of treatment, so isn’t it the manager’s responsibility to sit him?

Did Hyde just let him play anyway because he wanted to play through it? Did Hyde insist he play through it? 

If this story about a physical problem is true, it is on Hyde to make the decision to sit him. 
And he didn’t.

You can be hurting and not considered injured. Hurting can impact your performance but not stop you from playing. 

Who knows what the full story is but nobody is going to convince me Adley suddenly sucked out of nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

So what do you think is going on? Does Adley just not want the narrative of being injured? 

I do find it odd that a guy like Salvy is 34, started 90 games at C and had a similar or better year. Adley is every bit as talented and 8 years younger. He should be up to the task easily.

I think he was suffering from something beyond wear and tear.

I think that for whatever reason he doesn't want to share that with the general public.

I don't want to speculate as to why.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that for whatever reason he doesn't want to share that with the general public.

Fair enough, I basically agree. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I agree.

But then the question is why did Hyde keep playing him?

is it allowed to go on the IL for a problem that isn’t made public?

12 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Right right after both Adley and Hyde have been saying for 2 months that he is completely healthy 

The team runs on lies.  The Orioles are a bunch of liars.