Worst Orioles Loss of My Lifetime

Grt 2BA FL Gator

So it’s definitely a subjective opinion and I know it may not be shared.

I was 7/8 years old for the 90’s playoffs. I remember them, but not in the same way.

2014 definitely hurt. There’s almost a double down effect for this one and the 10 straight losses just sits on me. I didn’t think we would be so impotent and score only one run.

I just didn’t see it unfolding like this (especially three months ago) and it’s a real dip to projectability of the talent we’ve hoarded. 

And it had to be to the light hitting, fleet footed, underdog Royals.

Not officially a Ravens fan the same way I’m an O’s fan, but hoping the Ravens can knock KC down a peg if they get a chance. 

F KC man. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

7 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

So it’s definitely a subjective opinion and I know it may not be shared.

I was 7/8 years old for the 90’s playoffs. I remember them, but not in the same way.

2014 definitely hurt. There’s almost a double down effect for this one and the 10 straight losses just sits on me. I didn’t think we would be so impotent and score only one run.

I just didn’t see it unfolding like this (especially three months ago) and it’s a real dip to projectability of the talent we’ve hoarded. 

And it had to be to the light hitting, fleet footed, underdog Royals.

Not officially a Ravens fan the same way I’m an O’s fan, but hoping the Ravens can knock KC down a peg if they get a chance. 

F KC man. 

I doubt it. They had their chance and failed in January. In a similar embarrassing fashion. They wont win any big games as long as Harbaugh is standing on the sidelines. Much like Hyde in the dugout but I would say Harbaugh is even more past his time.

I get what the OP is getting at and I agree with it to a degree.  It wasn't so much that one game, but what that one game represented.  It was a collapse of hopes/dreams that had been building up for the last 6 years.  The last 3 months was a systemic failure that we (I) didn't even think was capable of happening and then it unfolded before our eyes.  And by the time the game was over last night, it made you look at the franchise, and the last 6 years, through a completely different lens. 

16 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I get what the OP is getting at and I agree with it to a degree.  It wasn't so much that one game, but what that one game represented.  It was a collapse of hopes/dreams that had been building up for the last 6 years.  The last 3 months was a systemic failure that we (I) didn't even think was capable of happening and then it unfolded before our eyes.  And by the time the game was over last night, it made you look at the franchise, and the last 6 years, through a completely different lens. 

I think this sums it up extremely well. I don't have faith any more that any of these guys from the GM down are any better than anyone else. They just seem average and flawed to me, all the way down to the players (and in the case of our prospects, well below average and incredibly flawed). I'll hope for the best, but they did an excellent job killing any positive expectations I have for this group going forward.  And that is the hardest pill to swallow from last night and the last half season.

At least the 1969 Os fans had 1970, and the 1979 Os fans had 1983.  Baseball blue balls is the perfect way to describe the last 40 years of fandom.