What's Your Top Priority

mcneck

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

A #1-2 SP is the priority. 

Then, I want to see Elias make good on his botched trade deadline and get a proper stud reliever and a proper All-Star level bat. 

Dominguez was pretty good even after having to fill in at closer and 10/11 in saves. Soto was very good after his rough start early I wouldn't call that a botched trade deadline for bullpen.  Soto his final 17  innings gave up 2 earned runs on 11 hits with 5 walks and 21 strikeouts.  They both did a very good job out of the bullpen down the stretch.   

Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hallas said:

Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto Soto

Gotta wonder how much influence Bloomberg has with this team and why he’s here.

We can talk about his wealth but if he’s not here to really spend it, so what.  If he is, you would think Camden yards would be appealing to Soto.

But the defense is bad.  What do you pay him?  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Gotta wonder how much influence Bloomberg has with this team and why he’s here.

We can talk about his wealth but if he’s not here to really spend it, so what.  If he is, you would think Camden yards would be appealing to Soto.

But the defense is bad.  What do you pay him?  

We played Santander in RF most of the year, and they aren't that different defensively.  We can play Soto there.  He gets a decent crutch out there because of the scoreboard as long as he doesn't butcher wall bounces.

I'll take his .900-.950 OPS and minimal platoon splits and live with the glove.  Worst case scenario we find a RHB defensive OF like Slater and put him at DH against lefties.  But that's perfectly fine by me.  He'll get what, 10-480?  Maybe 12/500-520 if he wants a longer deal?  (I'm talking present value here, he obviously might do a Shohei deal and take a ton of deferred money, but the effective AAV of that one is 46 million right?)  Regardless I think he's got a decent shot to earn most of that contract in the first 5 years.  If he opts out after 3, we just let him walk; that's like the best case scenario for us.

Fire Hyde.  Put all the guys on steroids.  Tell Holliday he is going to be our center fielder because he sucks so much at second.   Trade Mayo because he can not ever be allowed to field again.  Make Gunnar our firstbase because he cant throw to first to save his life and often makes horrible fielding errors.  

Prepare the fans that the Orioles will be the Toronto Blue Jays next year.  A wonderful young team that couldn't do anything and ended up sucking.  

We need a right-hand hitting outfielder and another starting pitcher (probably whoever is the best we can get for 3 years - don’t see Elias going longer).

The problem with signing someone like Tyler O’Neil is why in the world they would want to come to Walltimore unless we pay them a huge premium.  Trade route may be more practical. Perhaps something like Mounty, Urias and Beavers (or two of them) for Taylor Ward.

LOL on people thinking we are going to win a bidding war for Soto.

58 minutes ago, Hallas said:

The Baltimore Orioles are not going to out-bid the New York Yankees for Juan Soto. Especially when we're in the division and the Yankees are under immense pressure to pair someone with Judge. 

I am begging fans to stop thinking this is a real possibility. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

The Baltimore Orioles are not going to out-bid the New York Yankees for Juan Soto. Especially when we're in the division and the Yankees are under immense pressure to pair someone with Judge. 

Would be fun if the O's managed to up the price for the Yankees.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Would be fun if the O's managed to up the price for the Yankees.

Always on board for that. I hope New York wastes a lot of their offseason energy and focus hammering out a Soto deal. Maybe it'll keep them off some of our targets. 

Just now, interloper said:

I unironically think the Yankees can't afford him.  They're in multi-year, 3rd surcharge territory right now, so unless I'm misreading the CBA, they're going to be paying a 110% surcharge on Soto's salary.  Same with the Mets, but they have a lot of money coming off the books this year.  The Yankees don't.  The Mets seem more likely than the Yankees, especially with how they surged in the 2nd half.