New Weiters Article - No Closer

baltfan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

//At least one other Boras client has signed today. The New York Yankees' first-round pick, Andrew Brackman, has agreed to a $4.6 million signing bonus and a contract that could be worth as much as $13.8 million over the next seven years, a baseball source said.//

Incentives, people. Incentives.

Get it done!

Buster Olney was on MASN and said the O's are trying to get him to agree on "the bonus slotted for the O's 5th pick" and the O's are padding the salary they are going to offer to Wieters to make up for the difference in his request. It seems that they are trying to work something out. Looks like he might get something both sides can find value in.

//At least one other Boras client has signed today. The New York Yankees' first-round pick, Andrew Brackman, has agreed to a $4.6 million signing bonus and a contract that could be worth as much as $13.8 million over the next seven years, a baseball source said.//

Incentives, people. Incentives.

Get it done!

Wieters is worth much more than Brackman, so a bonus in the $4.5M range is out (unless they give a smaller bonus but more backloaded guaranteed money as Buster Olney suggested).

Something like $8-10M guaranteed should defintiely get it done, and give incentives to get it up to $15M or so.

Wieters is worth much more than Brackman, so a bonus in the $4.5M range is out (unless they give a smaller bonus but more backloaded guaranteed money as Buster Olney suggested).

Something like $8-10M guaranteed should defintiely get it done, and give incentives to get it up to $15M or so.

Right, I was just saying that incentives are a good way to close the gap between two sides.

Can they not do the physical before they agree?

Why would Boras/Weiter ever agree to do this? It keeps the pressure on the FO and leverage on their side. Plus I doubt they'd want to go through the inconvenience if he's ultimately not going to sign. Best case scenario is someone suggested is they had all of this done a long time ago and the papers are just needing to be signed off on, but I have my doubts with the way slow poke Angelos operates.

Archived