5/9 Yankees at Orioles

PaulFolk

Yeh, we need our 38 year old 3rd baseman with a bad hamstring to try and take out the 2nd baseman in a 13-5 game in the 9th inning. That would be very prudent.

Good point! :laughlol:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did everybody touch their L shoulder as he crossed the plate?
I saw that. What does that mean?
Something he does to honor his, um... who? Mom? Grandmother? Both of them?

I forget exactly who, but it's to honor the women who raised him right, so he could be who he is.

IIRC, he has a tattoo there of someone special in his life.

According to this, We're both right:

There is a long way to go this season, and much more improvement to be made. But Jones appears to be on his way. After the national anthem before every game, he will tap his left shoulder, which bears tattoos of his mother and his grandmother, whom he calls "the two most important women in my life. And after every home run, I tap my left shoulder."

Yeh, we need our 38 year old 3rd baseman with a bad hamstring to try and take out the 2nd baseman in a 13-5 game in the 9th inning. That would be very prudent.

Taking out 2nd baseman != disrupting him. A later slide, for example, may have put his throw off-line and allowed the inning to continue.

It doesn't matter in this instance. Still, I've not seen much of an effort to disrupt the double play to this point in the season. That's disturbing. Surely these men remember how to go into a base hard.

For those watching on TV, was Jones's hr as far as Gamecast suggested?

Hit the orange with black lettering "New Era Fits" sign that comprises the far wall of the O's BP, to the left of where the P's sit.

It bounced off the bottom-right foot of the "w" in "New". It appears to be corrugated metal, and I think the ball left a dent.

I'm guess it would measure about 425-430 if they used the trajectory to calc where it would have landed if the sign wasn't in the way.

Taking out 2nd baseman != disrupting him. A later slide, for example, may have put his throw off-line and allowed the inning to continue.

It doesn't matter in this instance. Still, I've not seen much of an effort to disrupt the double play to this point in the season. That's disturbing. Surely these men remember how to go into a base hard.

That might be because the O's have hit into fewer DP's than any other team.:rolleyestf:

Archived