Asking for your thoughts: Minor League Ball's Draft

It appears Nick and I will be running the draft for the Orioles at Minor League Ball. We have a section labeled MOD: Orioles where we can discuss who we should select at 5. I think there is a lot of good discussion capable over there and it would be good to represent OH.

Thanks.

Note: I do not run nor am a part of John Sickles' website beyond posting with a free account.

ooooooh so you were the one who got to be in charge of the O's draft? I was just over there earlier and check in every day....Is that section already up?

Yeah, the previous guy fell through, so John asked me to take on the Orioles.

Yeah, the previous guy fell through, so John asked me to take on the Orioles.

Nice, so do we just pick the 3 we think we will get or is their an actual mock draft that we have to see who is left at 2:5? Or do we go based off of who we think will be available then?

Nice, so do we just pick the 3 we think we will get or is their an actual mock draft that we have to see who is left at 2:5? Or do we go based off of who we think will be available then?

This will be an actual mock draft. I think the idea is to pick in a way that resembles the actual strategy of the real team's draft coordinators. For instance, if I was leading the Nationals draft . . . I would pass on Strasburg and overslot the rest of my picks. That would probably be looked down upon as that is not what Washington will do.

This will be an actual mock draft. I think the idea is to pick in a way that resembles the actual strategy of the real team's draft coordinators. For instance, if I was leading the Nationals draft . . . I would pass on Strasburg and overslot the rest of my picks. That would probably be looked down upon as that is not what Washington will do.

Do you think they will make up some of the difference by taking an easy sign with no. 10? I see them pouncing on Gibson if he makes it to 10, he could do very well in the NL.

Do you think they will make up some of the difference by taking an easy sign with no. 10? I see them pouncing on Gibson if he makes it to 10, he could do very well in the NL.

I just read that the Nats GM told BA that they will take the BPA and not the cheapest/easiest to sign. But that may just be a cover up to make Nats fans not hate the FO any more than they do. If Gibson is around I would think they would have to take advantage of it. To me that is around where he SHOULD slot anyway. I am not too high on him.....

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they went overslot there.

Im starting to lean HS arm now.

Matzek

Purke

Turner

Wheeler

I like the HS arms too but Crow and Scheppers certainly warrant considerations especially if both are healthy between now and then and their medicals look good. They both would probably be ready for the majors in 2 years instead of 5.

Archived