5/22 O's at Nats interleague "rivalry"

Mackus

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have our LF.

I still really like Pie, but there is little justification for him still getting the bulk of the LF playing time.

I'd be fine with Reimold DHing some time too and getting Pie at bats that way, but Reimold is here to stay.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Elias loves him some veteran presence.  Frazier, Odor.  They will go out of their way to use old people whenever they can and not use the future until they have no other choice.  Its just what they do.  They always will fall back on "love the way they turn the double play"  which is code for "yeah they suck but we are using them no matter what".  With Odor you could respect it a little because he knocked Bautista in the mouth and who can not love that?
    • His birthday is Sep.27.     I don’t consider September 27 to be rapidly approaching.
    • Not sure what you mean?  We are not going to win a WS with players like Hayes, Mullins, Urias etc.   I think that is obvious.   What am I missing here?
    • I cannot blame any athlete for being inconsistent if you are only getting 1 or 2 bats every few days.  No one can get into a rhythm doing that.  Whether you play baseball or are a QB or play tennis or bowling.   His minor league numbers have been more than stellar.......so for heavens sake play him.  He is what...25?  Are the Os going to wait until he is 28? Pretty ridiculous when you think about the number of players in the majors who are younger than him.   And don't even get me started on Mayo.   I love Elias.  Want him to be with the Os for a long time.  But he is starting to remind me Chris Ballard with the Colts.  Both are great students of the game and judges of talent, but just so so conservative.   It drives the Colts fans like me crazy, and it is starting to drive the O's fans, like me.....crazy.
    • I get the respect the team has for the starting OF. They were here for, and were all keys to, the Orioles becoming relevant again. My hope was they could play well enough to get to the ASB so they could ride off to the proverbial sunset gracefully and let the youngsters come up. But it's not even June and Hays and Mullins are under .200 and Tony is barely above.  I'm not sure what to do.
    • It’s a SSS with sporadic playing time. Nothing can be taken from those numbers.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now