Cedric Mullins 2024

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, Big Mac said:

Feel like this could go in the game thread rather than necessitating its own thread given there was zero analysis given in the OP. 

I feel like this subject will be relevant all season.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

I feel like this subject will be relevant all season.

Sure, then maybe include some rationale behind why you think he's a 4th OF at best or include some statistics that support it rather than just creating a thread for whatever reactionary thought pops into your head.  The latter is what twitter and game threads are for. 

9 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Sure, then maybe include some rationale behind why you think he's a 4th OF at best or include some statistics that support it rather than just creating a thread for whatever reactionary thought pops into your head.  The latter is what twitter and game threads are for. 

It’s an open discussion.

Feel free to contribute.

47 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Feel like this could go in the game thread rather than necessitating its own thread given there was zero analysis given in the OP. 

I mean, you never get analysis from them.

Similar to Opening Day, Mullins didn't look that comfortable at the plate today, but then put one great swing on the HR. 

I don't think OP is right about Mullins' demise. But also I don't think Ced is ever getting back to his .291 AVG/.360 OBP from his breakout year, or really anything close to that. His settling in as a low OBP, decent power, good defense guy reminds me a bit of early-Orioles-tenure JJ Hardy. Except hopefully still with some SBs.

15 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I have no idea why he and Mateo don't work on bunting for base hits. Show it at least once a game. Make the infield play in and open up the lanes for grounder base hits.

I remember he led MLB in bunt hits the covid season. But it's not really part of his game anymore. And it may not work anymore--his sprint speed dropped from 92nd percentile to 66th percentile from 2020 to 2023. 

• 2 weeks later...