7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we certain the game isn't being played under protest?
Absolutely. You can't protest a judgment call, and the umps didn't mess up a rule. They messed up (we think) the judgment call that Reimold had not yet reached 2nd base at the time the throw was released.

Its a little embarrassing for Guthrie how much more dominant Hendrickson looked. Hopefully he can get us through the sixth, that'd be huge. Then we can beat the M's bullpen once Bedard is gone.

Its irrelevant when the ball went out of play (and that was never in doubt). The shot we need is exactly where Reimold is when Gutierrez releases the throw.

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted your post. The only angle they had of Reimold was shown as the ball hit the mound and he was about five feet past second base, looked to be stationary.

I would assume he would have been moving to third at that point as the ball took the crazy bounce.

Its a little embarrassing for Guthrie how much more dominant Hendrickson looked. Hopefully he can get us through the sixth, that'd be huge. Then we can beat the M's bullpen once Bedard is gone.

22 more pitches for Bedard before he hits his limit...

:rofl: at the way blue rings up people. He's tied with the ump who yells eerriiiiiiiiiiiiike! on every strike call for the most bad-ass home plate ump. :clap3:

I think he was just excited that an O's pitcher was finally able to throw strikes

Well they just showed a pretty good replay of the Reimold play Mackus. Not a split screen but it clearly showed him only maybe 3 feet from the base and the CF still hadn't picked up the ball. Trembley was right and the umps F-ed up.

Archived