Roch: O's may look to get a big bat this offseason

LookinUp

There's no point in arguing with this guy. After 100 posts he's still in the red, and for a reason.

Yeah, seems like those who don't wear the orange and black colored O's sunglasses or think everything is sunshine, puppy dogs, lollipops over at The Warehouse isn't highly regarded.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, seems like those who don't wear the orange and black colored O's sunglasses or think everything is sunshine, puppy dogs, lollipops over at The Warehouse isn't highly regarded.

Or people who make antagonistic posts like the one above and repeat the same posts over and over again aren't highly regarded.

You know what, I don't care about his splits, or how he is against the k-zone or whatever other funky, unnecessary stats people like to spout out. For a 2nd year full-time starter it's pretty darn good. I couldn't care less about his OPS, his GPS, etc.

You should care about his splits, especially post AllStar:

Jones: 140AB .236/.294/.436

Reimold: 130AB .304/.405/.465

Markakis: 168AB .327/.368/.524

Pie: 69AB .304/.364/.507

There's no excuse for this. Even if Jones is healthy, he should be riding pine anyway. Reimold and Pie take away the whole "second season player" excuse.

You should care about his splits, especially post AllStar:

Jones: 140AB .236/.294/.436

Reimold: 130AB .304/.405/.465

Markakis: 168AB .327/.368/.524

Pie: 69AB .304/.364/.507

There's no excuse for this. Even if Jones is healthy, he should be riding pine anyway. Reimold and Pie take away the whole "second season player" excuse.

You're right, you got me. Felix Pie gives the O's a better chance to win than Adam Jones does.

Heck, I think Adam Jones, the guitarist, would give the O's a better chance of winning than Mr. Pie.

You're right, you got me. Felix Pie gives the O's a better chance to win than Adam Jones does.

Heck, I think Adam Jones, the guitarist, would give the O's a better chance of winning than Mr. Pie.

Just some advice my man, try and convey your points without being so abrasive. It's totally cool you have different opinions. That is what this board is about, just try and convey them in a friendly manner, that's all. We all fall to our fury sometimes, just try and real it back in is all.:)

I'd rather have Danny Carey, dude's a beast.

Oh my, don't get me started. Saw Tool twice on tour this summer and have a few times made it into LA to see his other, smaller band play.

Dude is definitely the man.

Wow, look at that, something we actually agree on. Leave it to Tool, to unite.

I appreciate your sarcasm, but Pie <i>is</i> giving us a better shot at winning games than Jones is right now. Pie is hitting very well, taking a fair amount of walks, and hitting with some power, at least with enough power where his speed can take care of the rest.

Aside from baserunning blunders and fielding instincts, you can't criticize Pie for much lately. He's helping the team and shows he wants to help the team. He's got a better attitude than I've seen out of Jones. The whole bubble blowing bit-- the one where it makes it seem like he's so great at fielding he can multitask-- is played out now that he's having an awful defensive season.

You know what, I don't care about his splits, or how he is against the k-zone or whatever other funky, unnecessary stats people like to spout out. For a 2nd year full-time starter it's pretty darn good. I couldn't care less about his OPS, his GPS, etc.

And what are you, 10, with the name calling?

I said I'm getting a little concerned...to which you replied with some assinine, sarcastic comment. Followed up by multiple others.

Juvenile, brainless, aggressive verbal diarrhea gets met with short, terse insults in my book.

Oh my, don't get me started. Saw Tool twice on tour this summer and have a few times made it into LA to see his other, smaller band play.

I saw Tool two or three summers ago in DC for my birthday, and they were amazing. Seeing Maynard for the first time gave me chills.

Isis opened for them, and they were stellar, was glad to finally see them as well.

Well Tool definitely has that power. I haven't seen them in a few years b/c I was really disappointed in 10,000 Days. I have seen them quite a few times though. A friend of a friend is good friends with Danny Carey and we actually got to meet the band after a show a few years ago. Danny was a really cool guy.

I saw Tool two or three summers ago in DC for my birthday, and they were amazing. Seeing Maynard for the first time gave me chills.

Isis opened for them, and they were stellar, was glad to finally see them as well.

There's nothing like the Maynard stomp.

I need to stop before we derail this thread.

I said I'm getting a little concerned...to which you replied with some assinine, sarcastic comment. Followed up by multiple others.

Juvenile, brainless, aggressive verbal diarrhea gets met with short, terse insults in my book.

And sorry but getting completely down on someone with the overall stats I cited, who's only in his 2nd year of full-time play, gets met with sarcas in my book.

And sorry but getting completely down on someone with the overall stats I cited, who's only in his 2nd year of full-time play, gets met with sarcas in my book.

Where was I "completely down?"

He's slowed down...A LOT...it's a fact. Not calling for his head, not saying it was a bad year...just a little worried about his pitch recognition.

"A little concerned"...try reading. Then try conversing.

It's even more ironic that you would follow that up with this:

Guess you weren't blessed with the sharpest toolset...

Archived