Wash Post: O's considering tejada trade

JakeeO

Yeah, Miggy may be ignoring fines. But the Orioles are just as complicit in sweeping this under the rug as Tejada is.

Can't disagree there, and I think the author's source has it right - The source said it was possible team officials had not pushed Tejada to pay the fines or disciplined Tejada publicly because they did not want to risk alienating him or hurting his trade value.

I would say that the mentioned team officials and this author have different agendas.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this team demonstrated a realistic plan to improve sometime within his lifetime, Tejada's attitude might change.

If he's involved w/illegal substances, than all bets are off and you're probably better trading him.But if they start making real improvements now-a major trade that beings in a top dog player, you might see his attitude improve.

How about Gibbons and Bedard for Abreu? Does that one still float?

The word introducing that information is PERHAPS.... which in my opinion is his way of commenting on what might be the problem... not reflecting on what has been revealed is the problem...

I interpreted it differently, as in perhaps he's slumping because he's been linked to the affadavit.

I guess it's semantics, and maybe Arangure meant it like you interpreted it. He definitely could've been more specific though.

Great thread here.

This is my point (and typically how I am with things in real life), Tejada should not be catered too. He should be the one that puts his best foot forward as the leader. Now I know it is hard. Hell a solid chunk of die-hard O's fans have stopped going to games because of the losing (and Angelos).

Right now I would like to see a move with Tejada, purely so I can see a glimpse of the future. Same reason I wanted Loewen to stay up, and Ortiz to stay as far away as possible.

We are stuck in a limbo state. We claim to be rebuilding, but instead of letting young players get time in on the big league stage we bring in journeymen, and has-beens. It doesn't make sense to me.

It all starts up top with the leadership. For me that Angelos the owner, Perlozzo the manager, and Tejada the team leader.

dslats, I think the Orioles have done a very good job giving young players a chance this year. Look who's here, Markakis, Ray, Britton, Fahey, and Rleal. All those players who are remotely ready to play Major League baseball are up here, and Perlozzo gets them into games. And we can be pretty sure that Hayden Penn w/b in the rotation, too, if he hadn't gotten sick.

The only one they sent down was Loewen, and frankly, he wasn't ready.

Problem is, the Orioles' system doesn't have enough young talent to bring up here at this point.So, they have tp fill in with other players. You're right that they use too many has-been veterans. But that's because they won't spend the money on more expensive (and far more talented) alternatives.

dslats, I think the Orioles have done a very good job giving young players a chance this year. Look who's here, Markakis, Ray, Britton, Fahey, and Rleal. All those players who are remotely ready to play Major League baseball are up here, and Perlozzo gets them into games. And we can be pretty sure that Hayden Penn w/b in the rotation, too, if he hadn't gotten sick.

The only one they sent down was Loewen, and frankly, he wasn't ready.

Problem is, the Orioles' system doesn't have enough young talent to bring up here at this point.So, they have tp fill in with other players. You're right that they use too many has-been veterans. But that's because they won't spend the money on more expensive (and far more talented) alternatives.

Yea I understand what you are saying.

What do you do when Penn gets healthy and our rotation still consists of Lopez, Ortiz, Benson, Bedard, Cabrera?

The interesting part to me was the mention that the Orioles would require a major league pitcher back in a trade. Notable since a lot of you think (want) a boatload of prospects back. I'm not sure if that's what the FO is thinking.....

It should be but I'm sure its not. They don't have the patience to build the right way.

We'll probably get Randy Johnson in return.

It should be but I'm sure its not. They don't have the patience to build the right way.

We'll probably get Randy Johnson in return.

Could be we need a MLB ready pitcher because we have other tentative deals to trade a current pitcher(s) away and we need to replace him/them...

Archived