The end for Griffey Jr?

Moose Milligan

I've heard stories about what it was like watching guys like Willie Mays struggle to come to the realization that greatness had faded, and not knowing when the time was right to call it a day. I saw Ripken in his last season, but this is far, far worse. It's simply sad seeing what Griffey has become, and the sadder part is I'm not sure how concerned he is about it. Please, Jr. for your own sake, please retire. You've come full circle, you went back to the Mariners as you should, but there is nothing left in the tank, and now you're bordering on becoming a laughing stock.

I've heard stories about what it was like watching guys like Willie Mays struggle to come to the realization that greatness had faded, and not knowing when the time was right to call it a day. I saw Ripken in his last season, but this is far, far worse. It's simply sad seeing what Griffey has become, and the sadder part is I'm not sure how concerned he is about it. Please, Jr. for your own sake, please retire. You've come full circle, you went back to the Mariners as you should, but there is nothing left in the tank, and now you're bordering on becoming a laughing stock.

Eddie Murray told me that it is the eyes that go first. That is why Ted Williams was as good as he was. The Eyes. Sad.

The best part of the whole sleeping story is Mike Sweeney challenging the two anonymous players in the team meeting to come forward and fight him.

During the delay last night they had the Seattle/Tampa game on, and Sweeney hit his second home run in two nights. I said, "Man, he must really be pissed over that Griffey thing." :P

The best part of the whole sleeping story is Mike Sweeney challenging the two anonymous players in the team meeting to come forward and fight him.

During the delay last night they had the Seattle/Tampa game on, and Sweeney hit his second home run in two nights. I said, "Man, he must really be pissed over that Griffey thing." :P

Or maybe he just needed to face the O's to get on a roll. ;)

Archived