Prince Fielder - Go get him

JTrea81

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boston wants Adrian Gonzalez. St Louis could sign him if Pujols were to go to the Cubs or Yankees. The Yankees have Teixeira.

But who else really has the money?

The Angels have Morales. The Phillies have locked up Howard.

The Mets might bite, but would Prince want to play in CitiField where his offense could decline?

I mentioned the Cubs and Washington could be a suitor I suppose, as could the Giants and Mariners.

Examples of Boras clients that have extended.

I totally agree.

Prince Fielder is the one player that might be available that the Oriloles could and should trade for that I believe would make a big differance in the middlle of the lineup.

The orioles would have to give up 4 or five players to get him but they need to do it.

However this should be about the orioles getting better as a team.

And not about Macphail needing to make a statement.

The extension would have to be in place before the trade is completed for me to do it (in other words, I wouldn't get it done). If the O's do trade for him, it's going to be hilarious and sad when we lose ~4 players for him and then we don't get an extension done and he signs with another team over us as a FA. There is about a zero percent chance this trade happens.

The Mets might bite, but would Prince want to play in CitiField where his offense could decline?

As much as I would love to see Prince Fielder in orange, I think he'd sign with The Mets in a heartbeat. They have the resources, and the surrounding cast. His offense may decline a bit, but he'd be in the hunt every year.

He would not be a good fit. His body is going to break down and he will have knee problems and he has some serious"baggage"(which i wont go into here).

Boras will not let him sign an extended deal in Baltimore if he can get similar money from a better team. Boras though, WILL use us to get the price up with another team.

Prince is NOT a fit in Baltimore. I believe if they could score Adrian Gonzalez however(which would take a great deal), he would be a better player because of the completeness of his game.

Either way, I dont think either player will go to this sad franchise in the prime of their career.

Buy the bats?

Its a plan that has major flaws in Baltimore.

The "bat" has to "want to be bought" too. Thats the problem.

The reality Roy is that Fielder seems available now, and Gonzalez isn't nor will he be an Oriole due to Boston's desire for him.

Milwaukee looks like they are actually willing to deal Fielder, and there isn't another bat we can buy on the FA market that can do what he can. And after 2011, Fielder is the cream of the crop for a FA bat unless you really think we can go after Pujols.

Perhaps you only make the deal contingent on an extension, but I think you've got to try regardless. The Orioles need to acquire the talent when it is available to them, and Fielder will likely be available.

I'd send Tillman and DH in a heartbeat. I think Matusz has been on the short end of too many bullpen failures to send him packing, though.

I'd make that trade. But, the second Brian Matusz' name is brought up, the conversation ends.

Look at the standings.

It would seem to me that somewhere out there one of these players would have the fore sight to come to Baltimore where they could be a walking legend.

If any player goes to play for a new york team they will essentialy be another big fish in an ocean.

In Baltimore someone like Fielder could inherit the mantle of Ripken and Palmer and Murray and Frank and Brooks Robinson.

They would become a whale in a swimming pool.

This is what I did not get when Tex went to New York it was like he did not want the Limelight of being the MAN.

It is the most perplexing thing to me, it is like they are afraid?

Maybe I am way off here but Fielder seems like he is not afraid of anything.

What about the challenge of being the guy that brought the Orioles back.

As far as the mets go I see the standings, but I see who they are in the division with and I see who the gm is.

I'd rather overpay for Werth (6/100) and Konerko (3/45) than give up the prospects it will take to get Fielder. If we could sign Fielder I may feel differently but I have no doubt that Boras is going to take that guy to the marketplace and go for the $200 million contract. I'm not committing 8+ years to Fielder and his body type.

Even if we did talk about Fielder, you really think PA would pay anywhere near the asking price? I don't see it, but if there's enough pressure & empty green seats....well, something has to give.

It would seem to me that somewhere out there one of these players would have the fore sight to come to Baltimore where they could be a walking legend.

If any player goes to play for a new york team they will essentialy be another big fish in an ocean.

In Baltimore someone like Fielder could inherit the mantle of Ripken and Palmer and Murray and Frank and Brooks Robinson.

They would become a whale in a swimming pool.

This is what I did not get when Tex went to New York it was like he did not want the Limelight of being the MAN.

It is the most perplexing thing to me, it is like they are afraid?

Maybe I am way off here but Fielder seems like he is not afraid of anything.

What about the challenge of being the guy that brought the Orioles back.

As far as the mets go I see the standings, but I see who they are in the division with and I see who the gm is.

I could see a big tier player wanting to go to a basement team & wanting to be known as the guy who SAVED that team. If Fielder or any slugger came here & had a monster season, their value would skyrocket since they would be known as the guy who saved "_____". Now, that team could be Baltimore, but even if it's just for half a season, I'd take the chance. Plus it would show other teams & the fans that the FO actually does care about the fans & getting to their winning ways once again.

Archived