A's Acquire Conor Jackson... Where were we?

Greg Pappas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They got Jackson AND some cash for Sam Demel. Demel looks like a decent relief prospect but not a top 10 guy. We should have been in on this.

Dime a dozen type arm I would guess?

Why should we expect AM to make a trade right now?

He is still evaluating things!

Not even a mention of the O's being interested. I know Jackson isn't lighting the world on fire but we will need a replacement for Wigginton when he is traded. And that player better not be named Garrett Atkins.

Jackson wouldn't even come close to being a "replacement" for Wigginton. We've had/have enough of his kind -- once promising prospects who never made the grade -- in the organization. At this point, I'd rather just bring up Snyder and throw him to the wolves because it doesn't look like he's our answer at 1B either. And while Atkins has definitely been worthless, its another lost season, so what difference would it make if he assumes 1B again for this miserable team? It might help guarantee getting the #1 draft pick next year.

Dime a dozen type arm I would guess?

Why should we expect AM to make a trade right now?

He is still evaluating things!

Yep, no more passes. It does not appear MacPhail has the ability to manage a staff full of professionals that would enable him to multi-task.

It's June 15th and our First base situation (among other things) is a joke.

If Jackson is available for a run of the mill RHP I'm not sure why we were not in the process.

Jackson might be done, but he can't be worse than Atkins.

Yep, no more passes. It does not appear MacPhail has the ability to manage a staff full of professionals that would enable him to multi-task.

It's June 15th and our First base situation (among other things) is a joke.

If Jackson is available for a run of the mill RHP I'm not sure why we were not in the process.

Jackson might be done, but he can't be worse than Atkins.

Tony - Reading the collective tone of your recent posts leads me to think that you have AM as central to much of the organizational issues that you referenced earlier. If so, I have little hope for our future as I don't expect PA to bring in a guy to run things the right way.

Not even a mention of the O's being interested. I know Jackson isn't lighting the world on fire but we will need a replacement for Wigginton when he is traded. And that player better not be named Garrett Atkins.

Brandon Snyder....

Archived