Dan Connolly: Showalter will likely take over in the near future

ChaosLex

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacPhail won the WS 20 years ago. Kudos for that. Does what one does 20 years ago give him a free pass to not do squat for 20 years? Because that's precisely what he's done since he left the Twins....squat!

He did a bang-up job with the Cubs, too.

And a lot of the Cubs problems under MacPhail have materialized here. Including their cast-off players.

That's all we've been talking about in two or three separate threads now.

Boo Hoo...AM moves slow...Boo Hoo...The buck deal isn't going to happen.

Wah Wah Wah.

Do you actually have any substance to add or are you just going to troll people who don't share your lollipop attitude?

Its quite alright if you want to continue to keep your head buried in the sand but that doesn't mean others should.

Do you actually have any substance to add or are you just going to troll people who don't share your lollipop attitude?

Its quite alright if you want to continue to keep your head buried in the sand but that doesn't mean others should.

I've added plenty of substance and food for thought. Great job on quoting the one post I have when I'm at my wits end.

Bang up job.

And for you, of all people, to call me a troll. I'm flabbergasted.

Wah Wah Wah.

No, that's all that YOU'VE been complaining about in two or three separate threads.

If Buck Showalter becomes the Orioles manager next week, that doesn't mean that MacPhail isn't a slow GM.

But if this deal falls apart, what will that mean? What will you say then?

I was listening to Buster Olney on ESPN radio this morning talking about how White Sox GM Ken Williams will pull a quick trigger. Gave the example that negotiations can start on a Wednesday and be done on a Thursday. You know, the following day, not NEXT Thursday. ;)

No, dude...MacPhail is way slow. When you start reading reports of how deliberate he is, who do you think they're saying he's deliberate to in comparison?

The last time we had quick moves from MacPhail, we got Garrett "The Savior" Atkins and Mike "Take the # of days I've been on the DL and multiply by 6 to get my ERA" Gonzalez.

I'm ok with him taking time.

Besides, you have to factor in other things as well: what will the staffing be like, is Showalter holding it up to evaluate the franchise on his own, how much is PA doing to affect negotiations, does MacPhail have a spending limit or a contract length limit, does Buck have a price floor or contract length floor, will Buck get calls on what players come up and down, will he be taking them from MacPhail or Angelos.

No, that's all that YOU'VE been complaining about in two or three separate threads.

If Buck Showalter becomes the Orioles manager next week, that doesn't mean that MacPhail isn't a slow GM.

But if this deal falls apart, what will that mean? What will you say then?

I already said I'd eat crow. Terry if need be. All I wish for is patience, maybe some positivity, and focus on things that are actual issues and not made up ones (and by ones I refer specifically to the Buck deal).

Wah Wah Wah.

I held the same optimism as you did in 1998.

And again in 1999....

...and in 2000....

...and then Moose left, and I still defended the Birds in 2001...

...and in 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

In 2009 going into Spring Training, I could see the team sucked and I was starting to get a little down, but then Opening Day came and I again out on my blinders.

And then going into 2010, I saw a chance for this team to really start to gel together.

Now, after 13 years of losing, I am slowly starting to see that every step forward with this team is two steps back.

I still watch every game.

My nightly mood still depends on whether we won or lost that night.

I still bleed black and orange.

And I still love this team like they are my family.

But what I will not do is blindly accept everything they do as gospel. I will call a spade a spade. And I will be critical of what I see. And what I have seen for 3 years, and historically is true of his 12 years in Chicago, is that MacPhail moves at a snail's pace and it causes free agents to run, trade partners to become frustrated, and deals to not get sealed.

I hope that doesn't happen with Buck, but I won't believe he is the Orioles manager until I see him sitting in our dugout with an Orioles uniform on.

Oh you did? Must have missed that. :rolleyes:

Must have your reading glasses set to "selective", as par usual.

And how was that comment right there, not the same exact thing you accused me of doing. And if you look through my post history and compared side by side to yours, though sample size is an issue, you'd find more snarky remarks without substance by you than me.

Archived