Dan Connolly: Showalter will likely take over in the near future

ChaosLex

Nope. I have about 12 years of MacPhail in Chicago and 3 years of MacPhail in Baltimore to base my opinions on.

That's 15 years of mistakes, many of which are eerily similar.

But oh yeah, go ahead and say I am an a-hole in real life because I complain about the O's. It's totally the same thing.

You're getting upset. I think it's time we take a break from this thread.

The beautiful thing about this country and this forum is that we can disagree but when we leave this particular conversation we will both still be O's fans.

And that's all that really matters.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simple answer: no.

We had an earthquake in MD today. The world is ending. This bothers me.

And do you even understand why bringing up O's ineptitude for years is being brought up?

Do you understand the concepts and reasons behind that?

I think you should both save your breath.

This isn't getting resolved anytime soon. (Buck situation or the argument.)

And do you even understand why bringing up O's ineptitude for years is being brought up?

Do you understand the concepts and reasons behind that?

I do. I'm kind of getting bored arguing with 4 people and all the people that are saying things in support of my side of the room are getting ignored.

SportsGuy, if you are ever in town for a game, I'd love to meet up with you for a beer to discuss our points of view in person. I love a good debate.

You're getting upset. I think it's time we take a break from this thread.

I'm not upset. I just know I am right. You know it too, which is why you're gonna bail.

The beautiful thing about this country and this forum is that we can disagree but when we leave this particular conversation we will both still be O's fans.

And that's all that really matters.

For people who actually know how to use a message forum, yes, it is.

I'm not upset. I just know I am right. You know it too, which is why you're gonna bail.

For people who actually know how to use a message forum, yes, it is.

I'm bailing because you have logic blinders on. And from your point of view, I do.

It's called agreeing to disagree. It also ends pointless arguments that wouldn't otherwise end.

If you can't take an olive branch when it's offered, so be it. You just proved you are the curmudgeon I thought you were.

I do. I'm kind of getting bored arguing with 4 people and all the people that are saying things in support of my side of the room are getting ignored.

Yes, they do need to get this right.

But at the end of the day, MacPhail is a slow mover, the Orioles are a disaster, and people who can connect the dots are going to ring the alarm when we keep hearing MacPhail say there is no urgency to get this deal done.

What if the Marlins come calling for Buck? Another team?

Do you think Buck is content sitting on his hands for so long so that MacPhail can make sure Buck isn't going to usurp too much of his control???

Yes, they do need to get this right.

But at the end of the day, MacPhail is a slow mover, the Orioles are a disaster, and people who can connect the dots are going to ring the alarm when we keep hearing MacPhail say there is no urgency to get this deal done.

What if the Marlins come calling for Buck? Another team?

Do you think Buck is content sitting on his hands for so long so that MacPhail can make sure Buck isn't going to usurp too much of his control???

Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in.

Someone show me any proof or evidence of this! You're projecting, man. Open your eyes!

Does anyone aside from me not see the error in NMS's argument?!!?!?!

SportsGuy, if you are ever in town for a game, I'd love to meet up with you for a beer to discuss our points of view in person. I love a good debate.

Ah, everything gets solved with the ol' beer summit...Or nothing gets solved and we all get a little buzzed. :)

Nice Part III reference. ;)

Someone show me any proof or evidence of this! You're projecting, man. Open your eyes!

Just because no one has come calling for Buck yet, doesn't mean it won't happen if this process gets dragged out.

So why let there be the possibility of it happening in the first place?

Nice Part III reference. ;)

Just because no one has come calling for Buck yet, doesn't mean it won't happen if this process gets dragged out.

So why let there be the possibility of it happening in the first place?

Thanks.

And again, I ask this simple question: Why are you so sure it's not Buck who is the hold up? Or PA? Or like that one dude said, the three working together to finalize details and educate each other before making an announcement?

Actually I see valid points on both sides here. God knows NMS and SG can apply the last umpteen years of O's futility add in a dose of AM pace (which has both been seen and actually been admitted to by AM himself) and see this thing falling apart...

But to your point, we do not know where this negotiation really is. To criticize the pace seems a bit silly to me as we have no idea what is really the driver behind the pace. There may already be a handshake agreement and they are ironing out details, or AM may be percolating. The fact is we don't know. One thing I think I am fairly certain of is that AM is not going to publically offer Buck a job without knowing Buck is going to take it.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/07/plenty-of-praise-for-showalter.html

"I can tell you that, outside of Earl Weaver, I don't think I've ever learned any more about baseball from anyone other than Buck Showalter.

"He is so unbelievably prepared; he never misses anything. He is so perceptive. And for a team and a franchise that needs to be, basically, blown up and start over, he's the guy to do it.

"That's a positive. He'll come in and say 'look, here's what we are going to try now.' And he knows how to do that; he's worked that in several places now and I think he'll come in and work that very well in Baltimore.

And yet Andy MacPhail continues to plod away? Hello, McFly! Get this done already!!!

http://www.masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/07/plenty-of-praise-for-showalter.html

And yet Andy MacPhail continues to plod away? Hell McFly! Get this done already!!!

Very good things to hear. Plod away?

Originally posted by TiredofLosing20:

To criticize the pace seems a bit silly to me as we have no idea what is really the driver behind the pace. There may already be a handshake agreement and they are ironing out details, or AM may be percolating. The fact is we don't know. One thing I think I am fairly certain of is that AM is not going to publically offer Buck a job without knowing Buck is going to take it.

Thanks.

And again, I ask this simple question: Why are you so sure it's not Buck who is the hold up? Or PA? Or like that one dude said, the three working together to finalize details and educate each other before making an announcement?

We have heard MacPhail say this is no need to bring in a guy quickly since Dave Trembley was fired, that AM has been impressed with Samuel as manager. And I am fine with that. Samuel has been doing a good job.

But most of the stuff from the OP quote support MacPhail as the one dragging this out. Get it right, yes -- but get it done. You have made it clear that Buck is your guy...so what is the hold up, really?

Hopefully they get it done. To have this fall apart, like I said earlier in the thread, would be a disaster.

Archived