Dan Connolly: Showalter will likely take over in the near future

ChaosLex

On JUNE 16 it was reported that the Orioles scheduled their first interview with Buck Showalter. Here we are one month later, a week after it was first reported that he was going to be named manager, and it is still not finalized. Oh, and by the way, WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BASEBALL SEASON. This doesn't bother you????????

Simple answer: no.

We had an earthquake in MD today. The world is ending. This bothers me.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? You don't think that all this Buck complaining is putting the cart before the horse?

Save your moaning for if the deal actually doesn't go through.

What will all the whiners say if they announce the Buck deal? And what if it happens this weekend?!

Like I said before -- Showalter becoming the manager doesn't all the sudden mean that MacPhail is a fast GM.

The Bedard trade took 2 months to happen -- and it happened, thank God.

I hope to God the deal gets done. But you apparently can't read because all I have said is that the dragging this out is making me nervous. But in your eyes, I shouldn't be allowed to say that, I'm a curmudgeon, don't enjoy games, applied my opinions on this one issue to my whole life, etc...

Why? The anger can be spread around to everything.

This organization is so messed up on every level that you always have to question things. You asked me not to call you naive the other day but that's exactly what you are being.

You can complain that people are complaining about nothing...and it may be valid in some ways.

But where its not valid is for you to act as if there is no reason to be worried about this situation. The Orioles ROUTINELY screw things up and make poor decisions. Its not an every once in a while thing...its all the time.

So yes, it is perfectly reasonable to be worried about this.

Worried, yes. Pessimism, yes.

But we are totally vilifying AM without knowing all the facts. Why?

It's not like any of us are even remotely close to the situation. Why are we allowed to throw stones?

There's conflicting reports from journalists, who get paid to know this stuff, and yet we think we know better?

Why? The anger can be spread around to everything.

This organization is so messed up on every level that you always have to question things. You asked me not to call you naive the other day but that's exactly what you are being.

You can complain that people are complaining about nothing...and it may be valid in some ways.

But where its not valid is for you to act as if there is no reason to be worried about this situation. The Orioles ROUTINELY screw things up and make poor decisions. Its not an every once in a while thing...its all the time.

So yes, it is perfectly reasonable to be worried about this.

Or we could be excited to see that they aren't just throwing another guy in there with the same day to day nonsense that was here before. Broad sweeping changes to the coaching staff AND everyday operating procedure takes a bit of time to map out. IF that is what is happening here then awesome. They have my full support.

If it ends up all boogered up then we can roast them!:laughlol:

Are you serious? You don't think that all this Buck complaining is putting the cart before the horse?

Save your moaning for if the deal actually doesn't go through.

What will all the whiners say if they announce the Buck deal? And what if it happens this weekend?!

Well, most of us have still said the deal will get done.

But that doesn't mean it should take this long either and it doesn't mean that there wasn't justification that the Orioles would screw this up.

It's not like any of us are even remotely close to the situation. Why are we allowed to throw stones?

There's conflicting reports from journalists, who get paid to know this stuff, and yet we think we know better?

These are the O's. Angelos is still the owner.

Do I really need to list everything they have screwed up the last 13 years? Really?

Would you trust a teenager who has been in several car accidents to drive you around town?

Like I said before -- Showalter becoming the manager doesn't all the sudden mean that MacPhail is a fast GM.

The Bedard trade took 2 months to happen -- and it happened, thank God.

I hope to God the deal gets done. But you apparently can't read because all I have said is that the dragging this out is making me nervous. But in your eyes, I shouldn't be allowed to say that, I'm a curmudgeon, don't enjoy games, applied my opinions on this one issue to my whole life, etc...

Yes...it's what the internet is for. Complaining and generalizing. Sort of like what your side of the room is saying about AM, without knowing 1 single fact about the deal process.

It's called irony folks. It doesn't always reveal itself fast...sometimes it takes it's time to sink in.

Villifying? I see the problem here...You just don't understand people's arguments as you are grossly overrating them.

End of the day, people are worried about this because of what AM HAS ACTUALLY DONE! Is it villifying him to point out the truth? If it is, so be it...Of course, this is a country based on people who hate to be held accountable for things and want to hear anything but the truth, so that attitude wouldn't exactly be surprising either.

Well, most of us have still said the deal will get done.

But that doesn't mean it should take this long either and it doesn't mean that there wasn't justification that the Orioles would screw this up.

Which in my mind is taking the easy way out.

"They are totally going to screw this up!!!!! I just know it!!!!"

Buck signs

"Well good. But they still took their time. Geez."

Really going out on the limb there aren't you?

Yes...it's what the internet is for. Complaining and generalizing. Sort of like what your side of the room is saying about AM, without knowing 1 single fact about the deal process.

It's called irony folks. It doesn't always reveal itself fast...sometimes it takes it's time to sink in.

Nope. I have about 12 years of MacPhail in Chicago and 3 years of MacPhail in Baltimore to base my opinions on.

That's 15 years of mistakes, many of which are eerily similar.

But oh yeah, go ahead and say I am an a-hole in real life because I complain about the O's. It's totally the same thing.

Villifying? I see the problem here...You just don't understand people's arguments as you are grossly overrating them.

End of the day, people are worried about this because of what AM HAS ACTUALLY DONE! Is it villifying him to point out the truth? If it is, so be it...Of course, this is a country based on people who hate to be held accountable for things and want to hear anything but the truth, so that attitude wouldn't exactly be surprising either.

Not necessarily. If you switch your reading glasses to the "read all" setting, you'll see lots of talk about the history of Orioles ineptitude. Not just AM's track record.

Which in my mind is taking the easy way out.

"They are totally going to screw this up!!!!! I just know it!!!!"

Buck signs

"Well good. But they still took their time. Geez."

Really going out on the limb there aren't you?

The simplest concepts are really flying over your head in this debate.

Not necessarily. If you switch your reading glasses to the "read all" setting, you'll see lots of talk about the history of Orioles ineptitude. Not just AM's track record.

And do you even understand why bringing up O's ineptitude for years is being brought up?

Do you understand the concepts and reasons behind that?

Archived