Damon scorns Red Sox

McLovin

Reading the reaction on the Red Sox forum(s) is pretty interesting as well.

- "Detroit has got to be the worst city in the US. Good old Damon"

- "I think he'd be smart to approve the transaction (if he has that right. Corsi asks a good question above). He'd be cheered here and it would only be a good thing to get back in Boston's good graces again."

- Many "he must not want to win"... "he doesn't have the heart anymore"

- "He just can't let go of a grudge."

This whole thing confuses me: how can he "refuse" a waiver claim, as is being reported?

Now, it sounds like he told Detroit he wouldn't accept a trade, and since that was the reason for sending him through waivers they simply withdrew him, but that's not how it seems like it is being presented.

Even the former Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer can't find that kind of loophole in the MLB rulebook :P

This whole thing confuses me: how can he "refuse" a waiver claim, as is being reported?

Now, it sounds like he told Detroit he wouldn't accept a trade, and since that was the reason for sending him through waivers they simply withdrew him, but that's not how it seems like it is being presented.

Even the former Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer can't find that kind of loophole in the MLB rulebook :P

Apparently there are no trade and waiver claim causes. Thus the Tigers couldn't even just assign him if they wanted too.

Reading the reaction on the Red Sox forum(s) is pretty interesting as well.

- "Detroit has got to be the worst city in the US. Good old Damon"

- "I think he'd be smart to approve the transaction (if he has that right. Corsi asks a good question above). He'd be cheered here and it would only be a good thing to get back in Boston's good graces again."

- Many "he must not want to win"... "he doesn't have the heart anymore"

- "He just can't let go of a grudge."

That's especially funny. Ask any Sox fan about Bucky freaking Dent.

Archived