Poll: Your Sabermetric Background

DrungoHazewood

Which have/do you read?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Which have/do you read?

• Bill James' original yearly Abstracts (any)
    • Bill James' Historical Baseball Abstract (either one)
    • Baseball Prospectus, book or online
    • The Hardball Times web site
    • Rob Neyer's regular column on ESPN
    • SABR Publications like The Baseball Research Journal
    • Baseball Think Factory.com
    • The Hidden Game of Baseball by Thorn and Palmer
    • None - not interested or haven't gotten around to anything like this.
    • Other - and with only 10 poll options this may be checked by a majority! Please explain, list, etc.

I read the Bill James Abstracts and the Elias Baseball Analyst every year they were published.

I was a charter member of BP.com and I have read several of their books. I don't care for some of their writers styles or for some of their proprietary stats, though. In fact- this is probably the last year I will pay for them (BP.com). And I would never pay a dime for any Rob Neyer content.

I also have a pretty extensive baseball library with books on stats/history/biographies, etc.... I have read many baseball books, however I have not had the chance to do a lot of reading in the last several years- my priorities have gotten out of whack with work/travel, kids, family, etc...getting in the way. :o:D

As a kid I played AllStar Baseball (board game) and Strat-o-matic. Some of the kids in the neighborhood played together and we kept track of the stats and standings in a notebook.

I have played rotisserie baseball since the year the original book came out (1986), mostly with the same bunch of guys, although our rulebook has gotten significantly more complex and detailed over the years as we have perfected the game that Okrent and Waggoner started.

Some friends and I played some serious Micro-League Baseball on the Commodore 64 in the mid/late 1980's.

The last several years most of my baseball reading has been on line here at OH (regularly) and Fox/ESPN, BP,THT, BTF, Baseball Ref, Baseball Cube, etc. on an occasional basis.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived