Yankees meeting with Cliff Lee

Diehard_O's_Fan

It looks like the chances of Cliff Lee going to the Yankees are increasing day by day. Brian Cashman will meet with Cliff Lee, his family and his agent in Arkansas today. Cliff Lee is good friends with CC Sabathia from their days in Cleveland. I am going to be so mad if Cliff Lee goes to the Yankees. Please sign with the Rangers Cliff!

Here is the full article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5787346

Andrew,

It looks like the chances of Cliff Lee going to the Yankees are increasing day by day. Brian Cashman will meet with Cliff Lee' date=' his family and his agent in Arkansas today. Cliff Lee is good friends with CC Sabathia from their days in Cleveland. I am going to be so mad if Cliff Lee goes to the Yankees. Please sign with the Rangers Cliff!

Here is the full article:

[url']http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5787346[/url]

Andrew,

I hope Mrs. Lee hocks a loogy on Cashman and then they kick him out of their house!

But that won't happen. Lee will be a Yankee soon, and then they will move on to their next target.

Meanwhile, the Orioles are being aggressive. :rolleyes:

I don't get why you're so bent out of shape lately. I've seen you mock this statement countless times over the last few days. Do you want us to sign Lee for what it will take to get him here? What caused the venom the last few days?

I don't get why you're so bent out of shape lately. I've seen you mock this statement countless times over the last few days. Do you want us to sign Lee for what it will take to get him here? What caused the venom the last few days?

Not sure. I think the past 13 years, and more specifically not seeing much improvement in MacPhail's 3 and a half years, has finally made me snap.

That said, I usually go through a brief period like this at the beginning of each offseason. I get this feeling that the opportunity is there to make this team competetive, and we never do what is needed.

Good ol' jolly happy Dippy is very close to coming back out. The truth is even when I'm grumpy, I still get some good zingers in from time to time! :D

I hope Mrs. Lee hocks a loogy on Cashman and then they kick him out of their house!

But that won't happen. Lee will be a Yankee soon, and then they will move on to their next target.

He won't be a Yankee before he sucks every penny he can out of them. It won't be "soon."

You gotta think though... how awesome would it be if he blew off the Yankees (after driving his price up of course) because of their fans spitting on his/other Rangers players wives?

For once it can be about money and integrity at the same time!

That would be cool, but all of those comments have been downplayed.

Not sure. I think the past 13 years, and more specifically not seeing much improvement in MacPhail's 3 and a half years, has finally made me snap.

That said, I usually go through a brief period like this at the beginning of each offseason. I get this feeling that the opportunity is there to make this team competetive, and we never do what is needed.

Good ol' jolly happy Dippy is very close to coming back out. The truth is even when I'm grumpy, I still get some good zingers in from time to time! :D

I hear you man. I think we all get the same way from time to time.

Once both teams are over the 100 million mark then the Yanks have to go about 10 million more then the Rangers because of the tax situtation. I don't have a problem if the Yanks sign Lee because it will cost them a ton, he isn't that young and he isn't as good as he has looked the last couple playoffs.

Good pitcher sure, but not a top 5 guy which is what he will get paid as.

I think he stays in Texas. Seriously. Mark my words.

1. No state taxes.

2. BIG damn TV deal.

3. SOOOO close to a Championship but denied... Yankmees, not so close...

4. Nolan. Frickin. Ryan.

5. Driving distance from THEIR HOME to Arlington.

6. They SPIT on his wife. Last, and seemingly meaningless factor... Bet it's the straw that breaks the Camel's back. ;)

Edited in #5...

Archived