2010 21-30 prospects

Tony-OH

Not a real impressive list, except for Jarret Martin, who was good enough to be drafted in 2000 as a 10-year old. ;)

I kind of like the old system where Tony trickled out 11-30 one at a time. More time to focus on and debate individual players.

Yeah, but no one was barely discussing the last ones so I figured I'd drop them all at once.

Good stuff. Any thoughts on Trent Mummey and Brandon Webb? Mummey was very impressive until, it seemed, he tired out. Webb, despite high strikeout numbers, showed good patience at the plate and some pop.

Both were in consideration but I want to see them have a little more success before climbing into the top 30. Webb has a lot of upside, but the swing and miss and lack of production holds him back for now. After an early hot streak, Mummey really struggled to make adjustments so he'll need to show next season that he can make those adjustments more quickly.

9. Cameron Coffey

10. Brandon Waring

13. Pedro Florimon

17. Steve Johnson

20. Luis Lebron

24. Randy Henry

25. Michael Ohlman

27. Jake Cowen

28. Ashur Tolliver

30. Vito Frabizio

At least the bolded guys were mostly injury related rather than performance related which gives them a better chance to recover their status. Ohlman is still young and Johnson was just off the list.

Real depressing read. I dont hold out hope for any of these guys.

?????

21-through-30 will be C and C+ players on anybody's list, which is to say that the odds of any individual player having a significant MLB career is slight.

There is definitely hope for Mickolio and Martin, though.

Tony,

Any hope for Waring or Johnson at all??

I don't think Waring has the bat speed and is more of a AAAA guy at best. He'll end up sticking around and might get a cup of coffee here and there, but I don't see much else really. I know one scout that still thought Johnson has a shot at still being a fifth starter, but I saw him two times bother times he was 86-89. when your fastball doesn't have a ton of life and you pitch up in the zone, I can't fathom how that will work in the major leagues.

They probably said the same thing about his Dad so you never know. He's got some pitch-ability so you never know. Johnson was just off the list in the low 30s.

Tony, any word on Coffey's velocity returning when he came back at the end of the year? Kinda surprised to see no Tim Berry, he has a FB that creeps into the low 90's and has a decent curveball that projects well and is very projectable....

I was told no one has seen Coffey throw over 86 MPH since he's been a pro. Berry has a nice ceiling, but command remains an issue and honestly, we just need to see more of him before he's getting onto the list.

I was told no one has seen Coffey throw over 86 MPH since he's been a pro. Berry has a nice ceiling, but command remains an issue and honestly, we just need to see more of him before he's getting onto the list.

Wow, TJ surgery normally doesn't end in a guy losing velocity, but there is always that .00001% chance I guess...

Archived