Once again, MLB screws up

twoBshorty

Server crashes, nobody can buy Rockies tickets

Before the online sale, Alves insisted the club's computers were ready to go and said the staff was prepared for any crashes.

The Colorado Rockies Web site is hosted on servers of MLB.com and a spokesman for MLB said earlier "traffic is not an issue" and the servers have handled World Series ticket sales before with no problem.

That statement didn't sit well with fans who couldn't get into the Web site Monday morning.

So 2.5 hours in, they shut the whole thing down (and the dude who announced it got booed down). And now they can't even start a press conference on time to explain what Plan B is. Nice job, guys. You had 8 days prior to this to try to sell tickets, but for some reason, you waited for the ALCS to finish. Now, not only will people have about 3 days to plan to drop everything and rush to a game, Coors Field will be overwhelmed by visiting fans because of the online-only policy.

I don't get this.

Server crashes, nobody can buy Rockies tickets

So 2.5 hours in, they shut the whole thing down (and the dude who announced it got booed down). And now they can't even start a press conference on time to explain what Plan B is. Nice job, guys. You had 8 days prior to this to try to sell tickets, but for some reason, you waited for the ALCS to finish. Now, not only will people have about 3 days to plan to drop everything and rush to a game, Coors Field will be overwhelmed by visiting fans because of the online-only policy.

I don't get this.

DENVER -- Colorado Rockies officials said Monday their computer system for online-only World Series ticket sales was the target of an "external malicious attack," but they have a backup plan that will allow online ticket sales to resume at noon Tuesday.

Once again, a tag team of Kevin Millar, Miguel Tejada, and Kyle Boller are up to their usual tricks.

Currently in VWR hell, trying to score tickets for my brother in Colorado Springs. And once again, it's not working. At this point, I consider it a major victory if the windows even refresh properly when the countdown hits 1. Forget actually getting in to purchase anything!

What a third-rate operation. Why didn't they start selling these weeks ago, like every other playoff team?

Archived