Zrebiec: At impasse with LaRoche; turning attention to Lee

section36

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand this argument if it applies to a position like 1b where we have no minor league options.

Is our faith in the front office so low that we think they can't handle the stress of making a decision next year? Isn't that what the FO is supposed to do, deal with roster issues? Why would we choose an inferior player based on the idea that our FO will have one less thing to do in the future?

Because Laroche isn't inferior. His numbers are solid. The man is 31, and still has game. Yeah, it's much better to provide Reynolds and Hardy with a view of Cantu at first. They'll be jumping for joy come June. LOL. And to answer your question : Because MacPhail won't address the issue next year either, unless perhaps Richie Sexson would play for a one year deal

Contract 1:

1/10 million with a mutual option for 10 million(ie, both sides have to agree). If Lee declines option, arbitration can be offered and he must decline.

Contract 2:

2/20

Contract 3:

2/18 with 2 million dollar buyout or 10 million dollar team option.

That's what I would put on the table for him.

Yeah , I can't think of a better plan, than having to deal with the same issue 1 year from now. Big mistake. I won't even work myself up into a frenzy, Lee isn't coming here either. Let's just pray Cantu has a big year. Somebody please get Vlad on speed dial. All because Laroche wants 3 years. I see the plan now. "Hey Petie, I can get us a firstbaseman, and it's only gonna have to be for one year", "Bonus Please" . I think I'm gonna puke

I think it's funny how you flatly state that Lee isn't coming here and less than 2 sentences later you say, "Somebody please get Vlad on speed dial."

I didn't read the other thread, so I don't know if others have said this, but I have a hard time believing LaRoche will get better than a 3/21 deal. In fact, I don't even like the idea of the Orioles offering him that deal.

Yep. The Nats will have all the leverage then.

It'll be a replay of last winter for LaRoche.

I think it's funny how you flatly state that Lee isn't coming here and less than 2 sentences later you say, "Somebody please get Vlad on speed dial."

And futhermore why would Os turn focus to Lee, if they knew he didn't want to come to Baltimore? Its a silly myth.

Contract 1:

1/10 million with a mutual option for 10 million(ie, both sides have to agree). If Lee declines option, arbitration can be offered and he must decline.

Contract 2:

2/20

Contract 3:

2/18 with 2 million dollar buyout or 10 million dollar team option.

That's what I would put on the table for him.

Dude, I love it when you put deals on the table.

I didn't read the other thread, so I don't know if others have said this, but I have a hard time believing LaRoche will get better than a 3/21 deal. In fact, I don't even like the idea of the Orioles offering him that deal.

I would bet he already has that offer in hand, no doubt at all. There's gonna be alot of people surprised. I predict he gets at least 3/24

My guess as to what is going on.

Orioles are willing to give LaRoche two years with maybe an option. LaRoche's people leak that Orioles are offering 3/21 to get others to up the ante. AM is not appreciative and leaks to Zreibec that the Orioles are looking to move on.

I am hoping for Lee, but have a feeling that AM is playing chicken. And one thing we know about AM, he is a tough negotiator.

If 3/21 isn't good enough for LaRoche, he can go to hell. It's obvious he doesn't want to play in Baltimore.

Hmm... guess his friendship with Reynolds doesn't mean much. ;):P

Hell needs a first baseman?? Lucifer not working out I guess...

Archived