Remember, kids, we could NOT have had Fister AND Latos for less than Gallardo

FanSince88

And no pick.

Just thought I'd mention that once again, as Fister pitched nearly 6 innings of 3 hit ball against us today. Yes, yes, he gave up two homers, but they were solo shots. a rather Chen-like outing if I may say so. Not to mention Latos who is doing very well.

How awesome would this rotation have been:

Tillman

Gausman

Fister

Latos

Wilson/Wright/Ubaldo

It could have been all ours for just over $10 mil AND kept the 14th pick, AND only a one year committment. Instead we're stuck with gimpy Yovani for another year and a half. :puke:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have preferred Fister or Latos, considering cost and the pick. However, neither is exactly setting the world on fire. Latos started off hot but now has an ERA over 4.00, as does Fister. We'll see how Gallardo does when he returns.

I would have preferred Fister or Latos, considering cost and the pick. However, neither is exactly setting the world on fire. Latos started off hot but now has an ERA over 4.00, as does Fister. We'll see how Gallardo does when he returns.

I'll be shocked if Yovani finishes with an ERA south of 5.

I'll be shocked if he finishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, yeah I'm not holding my breath. Say what you want about Fister and Latos' 4ish ERAs, at least they are pitching. And they are pitching much better than Gallardo, Ubaldo, and Wright. I'd take them immediately. Should have made Jimenez, Wilson, and Wright go into a cage match it for the fifth spot this spring.

I actually have the exact opposite thought. The Orioles could have had Masahiro Tanaka for the same money they are paying Gallardo and Jimenez. The $10-15 million/year FA pitchers are the worst investments in baseball. Those pitchers always come with a lot of flaws and are rarely #1 or even #2 type pitchers. You get what you pay for.

Latos has pitched poorly except for one start over his last five outings. He is not that great. Fister has pitched better over the last month. He has given up six runs once,two runs three times,three runs four times and one run once. He has pitched pretty well except for one game. He does not go real deep in games. Does not strikeout many batters. But three runs or less in every start except one is damn good.He was not coming to the Orioles.

From Roch:

The Orioles had some interest in Fister over the winter, but there were concerns about his ability to pass the physical. He signed a one-year deal with the Astros worth a guaranteed $7 million. Incentives reportedly could push the value to $12 million.

I actually have the exact opposite thought. The Orioles could have had Masahiro Tanaka for the same money they are paying Gallardo and Jimenez. The $10-15 million/year FA pitchers are the worst investments in baseball. Those pitchers always come with a lot of flaws and are rarely #1 or even #2 type pitchers. You get what you pay for.

Tanaka cost a 150 million dollar posting fee. Did you forget? He costs what Price does.

Archived