Remember, kids, we could NOT have had Fister AND Latos for less than Gallardo

FanSince88

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zero of them do. Never. Not one.

Please do not use absolutes. You always did that with players and QO. We saw that was not the case this past off season

And please do not take this post the wrong way. Im simply taking the opposite approach.

Please do not use absolutes. You always did that with players and QO. We saw that was not the case this past off season

And please do not take this post the wrong way. Im simply taking the opposite approach.

No one comes to the AL to rebuild their starting pitching value. ANd I was right on the QA for all the years except for this one. Some day when the AL East gets bigger parks and gives up the DH, you'll be right.

No one comes to the AL to rebuild their starting pitching value. ANd I was right on the QA for all the years except for this one. Some day when the AL East gets bigger parks and gives up the DH, you'll be right.

LOL, thats funny, the DH is being fought to add to the NL.

I don't see MLB giving up the DH.

You think Tampa is going to get a new stadium in C-O-C's lifetime? :D

And no pick.

Just thought I'd mention that once again, as Fister pitched nearly 6 innings of 3 hit ball against us today. Yes, yes, he gave up two homers, but they were solo shots. a rather Chen-like outing if I may say so. Not to mention Latos who is doing very well.

How awesome would this rotation have been:

Tillman

Gausman

Fister

Latos

Wilson/Wright/Ubaldo

It could have been all ours for just over $10 mil AND kept the 14th pick, AND only a one year committment. Instead we're stuck with gimpy Yovani for another year and a half. :puke:

Thanks for ruining my day with the truth :)

LOL, thats funny, the DH is being fought to add to the NL.

I don't see MLB giving up the DH.

You think Tampa is going to get a new stadium in C-O-C's lifetime? :D

I think that when the NL gets the DH, and they build small hitter friendly parks, you will see starting pitchers come to the East for one year make good deals.. Just like the hitters do now.

So you know, for a fact, he would have signed here? Impressive, who is your source?

His source is his own mind. This guy gets something in his craw and he will never

let it go. I know Gallardo is not the best but dammit they aught to support a

player that wears the black and orange. IMO

Yeah the DH isn't going away anytime soon. And the NL will follow suit in a year or two.

The union wants it and it will happen

I hope the NL never gets the DH. I enjoy the way the NL plays baseball without

the DH. Sorry I just don't like the DH.

I think either the DH needs to go away, or implement it in the NL, IMO

During it this way, is just dumb. IMO

I think the odds are that we will see the DH in the NHL within 5 years, maybe sooner than that.

I neither like nor dislike it honestly. When was it implemented ? 1971? or so?

I do kind of think having a pitcher bat is pointless. But again I am not a braniac

So you know, for a fact, he would have signed here? Impressive, who is your source?

Upon reading the thread title, my reaction was less snarky, I agree with the premise.

Just because they signed a contract somewhere does NOT mean they would have signed the same contract in Baltimore.

Upon reading the thread title, my reaction was less snarky, I agree with the premise.

Just because they signed a contract somewhere does NOT mean they would have signed the same contract in Baltimore.

Fine, maybe they wouldn't have signed for just over $10 mil combined. But don't you think we could have had both for less than $22 mil combined? 1/13 for Fister, 1/8 for Latos. $21 mil combined, keep the draft pick, no multi year committment. Are you seriously going to tell me Fister amd Latos would turn down roughly double the money just because it's the AL East?

Archived