At what point do you stop running Schoop out there?

McLovin

He's been one of the very least productive hitters in baseball over the second half. His .241 OBP is the worst in all of baseball in the second half.

But they keep running him out there, and letting him swing at every single pitch.

It literally can't get worst throwing Flaherty out there. I mean, Schoop's already got being the worst on lock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's been one of the very least productive hitters in baseball over the second half. His .241 OBP is the worst in all of baseball in the second half.

But they keep running him out there, and letting him swing at every single pitch.

It literally can't get worst throwing Flaherty out there. I mean, Schoop's already got being the worst on lock.

I would have given him the day off today. It doesn't hurt to give players days off when they are struggling. I don't understand why Buck is so against that.

About a week ago.

Schoop's one of the reasons we still have a chance to make the playoffs....if you've ever seen him (in person) as part of the double play combination, he's as good as I've ever seen. He's got power and it seems to happen just as you least expect it........I don't want to lose with Hardy there....rather take my chances with Jonathan.

I don't think we need to bench Schoop for any extended period. He's a solid but flawed player who happens to be in a big slump. But the gap between Schoop and Flaherty simply isn't big enough to justify playing Schoop every single day of the year while Flaherty basically never sees the field. I hope that next year Buck agrees.

I don't think we need to bench Schoop for any extended period. He's a solid but flawed player who happens to be in a big slump. But the gap between Schoop and Flaherty simply isn't big enough to justify playing Schoop every single day of the year while Flaherty basically never sees the field. I hope that next year Buck agrees.

It isn't just Schoop. Has Manny had a day off other than his suspension? Davis is at 150 games, Trumbo 152.

I haven't want Jon to get pulled from the lineup -- just given a couple of days rest. I've been pushing that for over a month.

What I don't get is that in past years, and earlier this year when we lacked depth in the OF, Buck seemed to look for spots to give Flaherty a start, or at least some ABs. For some time the logical place to do that has been 2B (or possibly SS or 3B in a blowout). Flaherty has 7 ABs in September. Why no Flaherty and too much Schoop? Got me. :confused:

Nobody turns the DP better than Schoop, he's worth it just for that. He's in a slump. You don't yank him with a week to play.

I definitely don't think he should lose his starting job, but it would be nice to give him a game or two this week. Maybe a little rest will give him a second wind. Also, I'm guessing Flaherty will be on a potential post season roster, so some PA's may do him some good.

Nobody turns the DP better than Schoop, he's worth it just for that. He's in a slump. You don't yank him with a week to play.

Some kind of slump.

After maxing out at an 855 OPS back on July 18th, he's put up the following slashline: .214/.240/.355 - .595 OPS in 64 games.

He's walked 6 times in that period.

That said, his defense has been solid. What he lacks in range, he makes up for in hands and blocking ability.

I do like that Buck finally came to his senses and batted Schoop 8th today.

Archived