Brian Matusz will be our #1 starter by year's end

Flacco Machado

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's pull this thread up in October and see out it all plays out. I think he will.

"Eye of the Tiger, Rock!"

"Eye of the Tiger!"

"No Pain!"

Love the optimism, man. Awesome. If Matusz can get back into the low-90s range with his fastball and throw that killer change, he could shock lots of folks this year. I'm pulling for him.

I've gone into the previous two seasons believing that Brian Matusz was the best baseball player on the Orioles. Entering this season, I hand that distinguishment over to Matt Wieters, but I completely agree that Matusz is a huge part of any successful future.

I believe our rotation looks like this right now

1. Guthrie (Good chance he will be traded prior to July)

2. Chen

3. Britton (Dreaded sophmore slump??)

4. Arrieta (coming off elbow injury, says he is 100%. Want to see his endurance levels)

5. Wada (Many feel he is destined for the pen)

6. Hunter (Stuff is not as good as Matusz across the board "if" Matusz can return back to form)

7. Matusz

8. Eveland

9. Tillman

10. Simon

Matusz is going to have to perform, and then see a couple of guys ahead of him go down before he sees the MLB rotation.

I am not saying that by the end of this year he will be our #1, too much is in flux. But it is my belief that he will be our #2 or #3 if healthy by the end of the year. See my reasons above.

If Matusz is our #1 by the end of the season it means we will have had a horrible horrible year from every other pitcher on the roster!

MacFly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Earth to MacFly, reality sux but you have to face it. Matusz showed nothing last year to indicate he will do anything of significance this year.

If Matusz is our #1 by the end of the season it means we will have had a horrible horrible year from every other pitcher on the roster!

MacFly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Earth to MacFly, reality sux but you have to face it. Matusz showed nothing last year to indicate he will do anything of significance this year.

??? Picthers do bounce back, he also came into the spring last year out of shape.

Archived