Adam Jones sounds off on "fickle fans"

EddieEddie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone needs to watch the clip "Adam Jones sounds off about fickle fans"

Thats the type of attitude we need around here. Everybody on board.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videobeta/8f06ffeb-33a2-4139-98ae-7c1fa0bcecd8/Sports/Adam-Jones-sounds-off-on-fickle-fans

This is the best thing about Adam Jones, but it is also what will get him in trouble with some people.

For every three people that will laugh along, clap and say yeah; there will be at least ONE person who will criticize him for those comments. Crying that he is inciting violence, using foul language and has a bad attitude.

But that is what you get when you have an actual conversation with someone rather than just giving the same old stock cliche answers.

This is the best thing about Adam Jones, but it is also what will get him in trouble with some people.

For every three people that will laugh along, clap and say yeah; there will be at least ONE person who will criticize him for those comments. Crying that he is inciting violence, using foul language and has a bad attitude.

But that is what you get when you have an actual conversation with someone rather than just giving the same old stock cliche answers.

It will probably get him in trouble with some. The violence part.

I'm for the overall theme of it though and he's right, the players need to do their part and win more often.

I also applaud his candidness. It's so rare reading these days.

I know it was mentioned in another thread, but I felt this was worthy of its own....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videobeta/8f06ffeb-33a2-4139-98ae-7c1fa0bcecd8/Sports/Adam-Jones-sounds-off-on-fickle-fans

For fans? This video is more full of WIN than anything Charlie Sheen's done in the last 3 weeks.

For the club? I'm not sure if there will be repercussions and/or a subsequent mandatory apology.

Adam Jones just became a lot of peoples' A) new favorite player or B) the latest pro athlete they wish would keep his mouth shut.

(I own a "Bazooka Jones" t-shirt that I will continue to wear proudly when I'm not on official Orioles Hangout business, so I'll let you draw the conclusion as to what I think of the video.)

Everyone needs to watch the clip "Adam Jones sounds off about fickle fans"

Thats the type of attitude we need around here. Everybody on board.

That is phenomenal and I couldn't agree more. I'm tired of Orioles players/coaches/fans with this "Ho hum, they're the Yankees, we're the Orioles, what can we possibly do?"

Buck and AJ clearly have the right attitude. And I love it.

(I own a "Bazooka Jones" t-shirt that I will continue to wear proudly when I'm not on official Orioles Hangout business, so I'll let you draw the conclusion as to what I think of the video.)

Ha, good stuff.

I wore my Bazooka Jones shirt in Sarasota for two games this past week and I got a bunch of positive comments on it. People loved it.

Jonesy is the man and I'm onboard with his comments.

Ha, good stuff.

I wore my Bazooka Jones shirt in Sarasota for two games this past week and I got a bunch of positive comments on it. People loved it.

Jonesy is the man and I'm onboard with his comments.

I wore mine, too, and got a whole bunch of "HEY WHEREDYAGETTHAT?!?!" comments. If I'd have had a handful I bet I could have sold a dozen or more. (Of course I directed them here and told them to search "bazooka" and they'd find the corresponding thread).

But yeah...I think a lot of fans are sick of being the AL East doormats. Do Jones' comments change the win column for the club? Nope. However, I think Buck Showalter's attitude, mindset, and expectations of his players and especially their emotional commitment to this team and this city are carrying over into the clubhouse. This video, in my opinion, is proof. Buck told them last year, (paraphrasing) "You all really have no idea how good you are. If you saw the scouting reports other teams have on you, you might just realize what good hitters you are." There's been a ton of talk over the last 6, 7, 8 years about purging the culture of losing. Nothing that's come out of Buck's mouth and now Jones' indicates that the status quo is acceptable anymore.

The critics will soon chime in and rightfully so. Jones is an intelligent, well-meaning guy and I know he didn't really mean it literally, but I'm sure some will see it as incendiary. However, I think critics will be in the minority and I'd bet a week's pay that for everyone who watched that video and was disgusted there are 10 of us who smiled, got goosebumps, and thought to themselves, "(expletive) yeah!" :thumbsup1:

Not sure who he was talking with, but its just a from the heart conversation with a human being. A Man. I would get sick of some fans too. I hope Jones has a monster year, because with his new "confidence" he could become a real leader on this team.

Archived