Adam Jones sounds off on "fickle fans"

EddieEddie

Don't let AJ catch you doing that.

My 17-year-old son (who is not usually interested in the O's) got a big grin when he saw that vid. He said, "Adam Jones is a badass!"

I mean't I have posted something without watching the video. I have never in my life worn any Yankees or Sux hear!! I just wanted to make myself a little clearer on the subject.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See I knew the second I said this someone would come in here and do that. And that is all well and good but you didn't actually answer my question.

But thats okay, I understand that I am not allowed to speak on certain issues without that crap.

And I want them to act like King Kong going into the season. I want them to walk around like they are the baddest motha*****rs in town. We can worry about the rest of that later.

Jones didn't do anything to require forgiveness. There.

Second, if you are too thin skinned to take my comment, that's not my issue. The fact is EVERY time there is a thread that in the slightest bit criticizes Jones in any way, you come riding in like the Lone Ranger. So let ME now apologize. I'M Sorry....I thought this was a fan message board where we discussed good and bad about the team. I didn't know Jones was off limits! :rolleyes:

See this is the thing, what did he ever do that required forgiveness to be earned?

I'm sorry I'm very new to the board so in all seriousness are you related to or a personal friend of Adam Jones? If so this would make some more sense, but 99% of the responses in this thread are positive toward Adam and you still go out of your way to defend him.

You said earlier in the thread if some people don't like Adam's comments well too bad they need to get over themselves. Mabye you should heed your own advice.

Guest rochester

I really REALLY think that we have gone way to PC when folks actually believe that he is trying to incite violence in the stands...the idiots that take this as a call to arms will do so more because of drink than a statement....

See this is the thing, what did he ever do that required forgiveness to be earned?

He will need some forgiveness over the course of the season with some fans. This will give him a longer leash. He is normally a punching bag during the season. This might prevent some of it.

I'm sorry I'm very new to the board so in all seriousness are you related to or a personal friend of Adam Jones? If so this would make some more sense, but 99% of the responses in this thread are positive toward Adam and you still go out of your way to defend him.

You said earlier in the thread if some people don't like Adam's comments well too bad they need to get over themselves. Mabye you should heed your own advice.

You're admittedly new to this message board, so I'll fill you in.

Adam Jones has drawn a lot of criticism on this message board over the last 2+ years. Some of it has been justified (in my opinion), but a lot of it is unfounded (in my and apparently James' opinion).

That's what I think he was referencing...not necessarily the responses in this thread, but this community's entire body of work, so to speak.

Adam Jones has drawn a lot of criticism on this message board over the last 2+ years. Some of it has been justified (in my opinion), but a lot of it is unfounded (in my and apparently James' opinion).

That's what I think he was referencing...not necessarily the responses in this thread, but this community's entire body of work, so to speak.

Hey Scottie, I sent you a PM. :)

Fair enough, thanks for the info. I do however find irony in someone esentially saying if you don't like what was said get over it, but they themselves can't seem to do that.

Fair enough, thanks for the info. I do however find irony in someone esentially saying if you don't like what was said get over it, but they themselves can't seem to do that.

Meh...I don't find it ironic at all. I don't want to speak for James, but I think his point is that Jones has certainly drawn FAIR criticism, but for this interview he should draw NONE.

Criticize Jones for poor pitch recognition, draw the (false) conclusion that he's not serious about playing baseball because he chews a lot of bubble gum and blows bubbles without realizing he's doing it (his mother says he's being doing it since he was a little kid on and off the field), question whether or not he should play CF as shallow as he does...all of that's valid, but (again, trying to put myself in James' shoes) don't come down on a guy for imploring Baltimore Orioles fans to drive Yankees and Red Sox fans out of Camden Yards. It's almost above reproach.

Jones didn't do anything to require forgiveness. There.

Second, if you are too thin skinned to take my comment, that's not my issue. The fact is EVERY time there is a thread that in the slightest bit criticizes Jones in any way, you come riding in like the Lone Ranger. So let ME now apologize. I'M Sorry....I thought this was a fan message board where we discussed good and bad about the team. I didn't know Jones was off limits! :rolleyes:

Who ever said he was off limits? And I love how because I think that some of his criticism was unfounded and overblown (note the word SOME) it means I am somehow doing something other than disagreeing. But fine, think whatever you want to think. This isn't about me.

Meh...I don't find it ironic at all. I don't want to speak for James, but I think his point is that Jones has certainly drawn FAIR criticism, but for this interview he should draw NONE.

Criticize Jones for poor pitch recognition, draw the (false) conclusion that he's not serious about playing baseball because he chews a lot of bubble gum and blows bubbles without realizing he's doing it (his mother says he's being doing it since he was a little kid on and off the field), question whether or not he should play CF as shallow as he does...all of that's valid, but (again, trying to put myself in James' shoes) don't come down on a guy for imploring Baltimore Orioles fans to drive Yankees and Red Sox fans out of Camden Yards. It's almost above reproach.

THIS. This is it. Thank you. This is all I have ever said and the point I have been trying to get across. But I fell into a certain zone and now I am basically not allowed to speak on the matter without the eye-roll smiley being applied.

But whatever.

Archived