3/25 O's @ Twins

ChrisAF79

How does virtually the same exact thing happen to this guy a second time? He can't catch a break. This may give them cover to disable and demote Bergy like they did last year so that he can straighten himself out, as he has really had a pretty bad spring. Time to throw Tillman into the deep end of the pool anyway.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Roch:

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Brad Bergesen had to leave today's game after four pitches when Denard Span's line drive crashed into his right arm.

Bergesen hopped off the mound in obvious pain. The ball popped straight up in the air, and second baseman Robert Andino made the catch for the first out.

Bergesen kept bending at the waist before walking off the mound. He appeared to have a welt on his forearm, just below his elbow.

Mike Ballard has replaced Bergesen.

I'll obviously pass along any updates that I receive.

So if Bergy is held out of the rotation, we're thinking Tillman get's the 3rd spot ahead of Arrieta? I have to admit I haven't been following Tillman's starts this spring...how is he doing? I know his ERA is around 3.55 but how has he looked? How is his velocity and his curve?

So if Bergy is held out of the rotation' date=' we're thinking Tillman get's the 3rd spot ahead of Arrieta? I have to admit I haven't been following Tillman's starts this spring...how is he doing? I know his ERA is around 3.55 but how has he looked? How is his velocity and his curve?[/quote']

Tillman hasn't looked overpowering, but not terrible either. He has struggled with his command, which needs to be corrected if he wants to have success in the regular season.

Archived