The cupboard really does seem bare these days

Frobby

If Hobgood heals and becomes a Major leaguer I will be shocked. I will love it but he hasnt shown Velocity since his drafting. Or even the hammer curve. He needs to hit 93 on a regular basis and get the curve diving 12-6.

Maybe we should let him take batting practice with the team to keep his hitting eye strong for a Loewen type situation? He has the body of a beer league softball player.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suddenly I'm looking around and the cupboard seems pretty nice looking.

I agree. When FRobby first posted this I did not reply but it was really disappointing checking out the Minors box scores every night. Lately it has been a lot more enjoyable. For instance, it was great to see Hoes have a big night recently. I still think he is going to be a winner for us.

I think that's an optimistic look at the Minors system... but things do seem better than they did 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Hoes may have had a good night... but his OPS is still only .676 in Frederick. That isn't to say he can't be a very good player.... but so far I'm disappointed in his season. I was also hoping for Xavier Avery to really show up... and he has been disappointing.

Delmarva has been where the majority of the excitement has been. Machado has been very good. Schoop has also been a very good player. Then you have the emerging Kipp Schutz (who isn't hitting like he was the first week or two... but hasn't de-validated himself either of late either).

But the biggest issue right now in the system is pitching. Dan Klein looks like a good one... but his current course seems to be as a very good MRP... rather than a starter.

I think that's an optimistic look at the Minors system... but things do seem better than they did 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Hoes may have had a good night... but his OPS is still only .676 in Frederick. That isn't to say he can't be a very good player.... but so far I'm disappointed in his season. I was also hoping for Xavier Avery to really show up... and he has been disappointing.

Yeah we need to be patient with Avery, he is still very young for Bowie (21) and still has awhile to go before he is ready for the majors. We are in no hurry to really rush him

since we have Jones so I would rather take our time with Avery and let him fully master the minors. With that being said I still think having him in Bowie was the right call in my opinion.

As for Hoes, the start to the year is a little dissapointing but he will turn it around in May, he is too talented of a player to struggle like this the whole year in Frederick. I expect a big month for Hoes!

Avery is raw and we knew that. I agree that Bowie was the right fit and maybe I was being a little greedy in my previous post. We have plenty of time to make sure he's actually ready before he jumps to the majors as we have one of the best CFs in the business already in the majors.

A big month out of Hoes would be extremely welcome. I would also like to see some pop out of Tyler Townsend's bat... he's supposed to be one of the best power bats we have.

Archived