Guess what I just found out???

glorydays

The Orioles are in very different circumstances than the Red Sox. The opposing fans never outnumber the home fans at Fenway (North). The Red Sox have no need for a "Protect this Yard" campaign. They'd be better off with a "Protect your Season Tickets by Paying for 10 Years in Advance" campaign.

I understand your point completely. If GLORY DAYS will excuse me for speaking for him, I think that he had two points, though. One was questioning whether we should be upset at the fact that the Orioles are selling Yankee gear and Red Sox gear in our team store, which you addressed. The other, (which I also alluded to in a previous post) is the fact that some posters will never, ever, ever admit that they were mistaken about something that they said. As for me, I´m almost always wrong about everything, so I couldn´t play that game even if I wanted to. ;)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we should continue to sell Sux and Skanks jerseys, but on the back it should say "I'm a bandwagon jumping loser"

That, along with "Somebody should remind me that I can get almost all of this same stuff on EBAY for a fraction of the cost of what I paid for this thing in the team store."

Just talked to a rep with Yawkey Way Store - the official Red Sox/Fenway Park Team Store. I asked them if they had locations inside the stadium - and she said yes. I asked if they sell Oriole hats or t-shirts and while she said probably not (the O's suck too much I guess! but that would support some O's fans who went to a game and did not see O's gear there), she said that they sell Yankee and visiting NL team memorabilia inside the Fenway Park when they are playing those teams.

Hear this again - the Red Sox sell Yankee stuff inside Fenway Park when they play the Yankees!

So - to answer those upset that the O's sell Yankee's gear inside Camden - EVERYONE does!

(Sorry - would have posted this in the other thread but it was closed and I thought this was pertinent info.)

Thanks GD!

And to think, someone actually neg repped me for saying I saw O's stuff at the old Yankee Stadium!

Thanks GD!

And to think, someone actually neg repped me for saying I saw O's stuff at the old Yankee Stadium!

You had better be careful. With 12,000-plus posts and about 10 or 11 green dots, you could be released if you get about 855 more negative reps. ;)

Most usually have one dedicated team store that sells only memorabilia from the home team. Not sure what the fuss is here?

The Orioles do not have that, that is the big deal. Now it's one thing to see them on the concourses, and I still don't like that, but in the official team store in the Warehouse, that is a major no-no IMO.

I guarantee that you will not see any Yankees stuff in the Yawkey Way Store like the Orioles sell Yankees stuff in their official team store.

And it's interesting that they mentioned that stuff about NL teams as that must be something new. I went to see a Braves-Red Sox game I think in 2005 and there was no Braves stuff whatsoever on the concourses or in the team store.

Next time I'm at an O's game vs. the Sox or Yanks, I'm going to go into those shops and throw all the opposing team stuff on the floor and walk on it. Watch for me on the news.

If I had the money to spare I'd buy it all and burn it.

Next time I'm at an O's game vs. the Sox or Yanks, I might go into those shops and throw all the opposing team stuff on the floor and walk on it. Watch for me on the news.

Nah, the last thing we need is for O's fans to get banned from the stadium. We already have enough trouble getting people in the place, can't be keeping out that precious few who want to get IN!

I understand your point completely. If GLORY DAYS will excuse me for speaking for him, I think that he had two points, though. One was questioning whether we should be upset at the fact that the Orioles are selling Yankee gear and Red Sox gear in our team store, which you addressed. The other, (which I also alluded to in a previous post) is the fact that some posters will never, ever, ever admit that they were mistaken about something that they said. As for me, I´m almost always wrong about everything, so I couldn´t play that game even if I wanted to. ;)

This...

And - we get so worked up as O's fans thinking the world is so far against us that even our own team would go out of its way to pi$$ us off by selling Yankee/Sox gear. And we convince ourselves that there is NO WAY that Yankee Stadium would sell Red Sox t-shirts or Fenway would have a Yankee hat. It's just the O's being... the O's. Well - that's not the case and instead of spending hours debating it took 2 minutes to get the facts.

Whether we like it or not - all teams sell other teams stuff in their stadiums. It's not some big Oriole or Andy MacPhail conspiracy.

This is one of those things like how much concessions cost and the money the players make and how they jump teams and collective bargaining and so many other things in professional sports. You may not like them, but they are part of the business and so complaining about them is just empty air that will change nothing.

The Orioles do not have that, that is the big deal. Now it's one thing to see them on the concourses, and I still don't like that, but in the official team store in the Warehouse, that is a major no-no IMO.

I guarantee that you will not see any Yankees stuff in the Yawkey Way Store like the Orioles sell Yankees stuff in their official team store.

And it's interesting that they mentioned that stuff about NL teams as that must be something new. I went to see a Braves-Red Sox game I think in 2005 and there was no Braves stuff whatsoever on the concourses or in the team store.

Yawkey Way is the official team store and this person said that they sell Yankee gear inside Fenway Park!!

Archived