Guess what I just found out???

glorydays

Right. You're welcome to come to our house and visit, but that doesn't mean you can poop on our living room floor.

If I know my guests have a particular favorite food and I serve to to them at dinner, it doesn't mean I hate my kid who happens to find that dish disgusting.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A majority of the fans who have come to the Camden Yards have supported the opposing team. Angelos said he has noticed the trend, but is not as bothered by as some of his Orioles contemporaries.

"We don't mind that," he said. "The fans who come to support their team bring their children with them. They are not a bunch of rowdies. Many bring their entire family to the ballpark, and I think that's a compliment to the game of baseball. They patronize the merchants and the local business. And soon we'll get the fans back, because we'll make the necessary moves and acquisitions to compete favorably."

Peter Angelos, Sept. 28, 2005

I feel like I should clarify my comments about spending. I was very happy about what they did in this last offseason. I know we didn't get any major free agents, but I was very satisfied with the pieces they added and the money they spent. Hopefully this becomes a trend.

If I know my guests have a particular favorite food and I serve to to them at dinner, it doesn't mean I hate my kid who happens to find that dish disgusting.

If your guests get together and chant loudly and rhythmically that your wife is fat and ugly, are you going to be so hospitable next time?

This thread, and, moreover, the one that spawned it, leave me shaking my head as to why they're necessary. The merchandise in OPACY is probably 90% or more Orioles, but you wouldn't know that from all the inane caterwauling. Back in the early 80s, I collected baseball hats, and over the course of numerous visits to Memorial Stadium, I had a cap of every MLB team. You could also buy other teams' pennants and the old fashioned plaster bobble-heads as well.

I absolutely understand why you feel this way. But at the same time - the reason why I sought this information and posted it is because we do have casual fans who wonder upon the site, see a post about the O's selling Yankee gear at Camden and the innuendo that they are the only ones that do so, become upset and even more disgusted with the Orioles without ever hearing the truth.

Yawkey Way is the official team store and this person said that they sell Yankee gear inside Fenway Park!!

There are stores in the concourse, and then there is the team store outside of the ballpark on Yawkey Way. I am talking about the team store on Yawkey Way which is the official team store. You will not likely find any opposing gear in that store and if you do somehow, I'd be really shocked.

And that's the way the Orioles team store should be - wall to wall Orioles with a ton of selection. The Yawkey Way store puts the Orioles official store to shame with all the gear they sell. Granted I guess they actually expanded the Orioles store in the offseason so hopefully they have more selection.

If your guests get together and chant loudly and rhythmically that your wife is fat and ugly, are you going to be so hospitable next time?

My wife is fat and ugly... So I guess I would have to agree :noidea:

Just thought I might bring a little laugh into this, as I don't have a wife... At least not that I know of, for a long time in my life, I was blinded by fury at all the Yankees and Red Sox gear sold at the yard. ;)

There are stores in the concourse, and then there is the team store outside of the ballpark on Yawkey Way. I am talking about the team store on Yawkey Way which is the official team store. You will not likely find any opposing gear in that store and if you do somehow, I'd be really shocked.

And that's the way the Orioles team store should be - wall to wall Orioles with a ton of selection. The Yawkey Way store puts the Orioles official store to shame with all the gear they sell. Granted I guess they actually expanded the Orioles store in the offseason so hopefully they have more selection.

This is your quote in the closed thread:

Try going into the actual store in Fenway. Good luck trying to find anything non-Red Sox.

So, here you are once again backtracking instead of manning up and admitting that you are wrong. Anyway... I asked this lady who works at the store and who would know better than any of us if they sell Yankee stuff at the store on Yawkey Way and inside the ballpark and I feel very confident that she told me they do... when the Yanks are in town.

I don't like it, but I understand why.

And talk about something blowing up in JTRea's face. Pedal, pedal, pedal!

Ehhhhhhh, while he did go after some of us in a very arrogant manner, let´s not be too sadistic about the payback. We made our point, so let´s let it fade into the background.

On second thought ................ this guy is REALLY asking for it. He´s manipulative, evasive, and he´s an out-and-out liar. Go ahead and pile on him. He deserves it.

I absolutely understand why you feel this way. But at the same time - the reason why I sought this information and posted it is because we do have casual fans who wonder upon the site, see a post about the O's selling Yankee gear at Camden and the innuendo that they are the only ones that do so, become upset and even more disgusted with the Orioles without ever hearing the truth.

I empathize with the need to play gotcha, and am not trying to be critical. Maybe, I'd rather not kick some sleeping dogs.

This is your quote in the closed thread:

So, here you are once again backtracking instead of manning up and admitting that you are wrong. Anyway... I asked this lady who works at the store and who would know better than any of us if they sell Yankee stuff at the store on Yawkey Way and inside the ballpark and I feel very confident that she told me they do... when the Yanks are in town.

I meant the store at Fenway and "in" was just the wrong preposition to use there. I couldn't remember if the official store was outside the ballpark grounds or in it as a certain part of the street is considered being "in" the ballpark grounds as the gates are right on Yawkey Way. The store itself however is outside the ballpark.

On second thought ................ this guy is REALLY asking for it. He´s manipulative, evasive, and he´s an out-and-out liar. Go ahead and pile on him. He deserves it.

Such a nice way to treat a fellow Orioles fan who only wants the Orioles to stop catering to out of town fans who treat hometown fans like trash.

I'm not the enemy here...

Next time on Celebrity Evasions:

When I said that Peter Angelos sacrifices young Orioles fans to the devil, "Peter Angelos sacrifices young Orioles fans to the devil" was just the wrong phrase to use there. I should have said "I am enjoying this burrito," which was much closer to my actual meaning (how difficult it is to approximate my celestial thoughts in your crude "human" language), but I just used the wrong phrase. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant the store at Fenway and "in" was just the wrong preposition to use there. I couldn't remember if the official store was outside the ballpark grounds or in it as a certain part of the street is considered being "in" the ballpark grounds as the gates are right on Yawkey Way. The store itself however is outside the ballpark.

Being that I wanted to prove you wrong with actual evidence (and I've been to that store in 2009...), I took it upon myself to email Yawkey Way Store's customer service, and their exact words:

Yes, we do carry other teams apparel and hats. Although I have to tell you that this is rather recent and we carry the other teams because we are the manufacturer of some of the major brands sold for sports apparel (Twin's Enterprise/ '47Brand) ... but yes, we do carry other MLB teams (some Yankee apparel) and even other sports (Celtics, Bruins).

Some Yankee apparel as well.

Thanks for playing, JTRea. You may continue on your backpedaling spree once again.

Being that I wanted to prove you wrong with actual evidence (and I've been to that store in 2009...), I took it upon myself to email Yawkey Way Store's customer service, and their exact words:

Yes, we do carry other teams apparel and hats. Although I have to tell you that this is rather recent and we carry the other teams because we are the manufacturer of some of the major brands sold for sports apparel (Twin's Enterprise/ '47Brand) ... but yes, we do carry other MLB teams (some Yankee apparel) and even other sports (Celtics, Bruins).

Some Yankee apparel as well.

Thanks for playing, JTRea. You may continue on your backpedaling spree once again.

What I meant to say was ................ I used the wrong dangling participle ................. but rather, that I would be shocked if the Red Sox carried any gear of the opposition within a 5-mile radius of .......... when you go to the concourse in Boston, ever since the 2004 ALCS ............ Look buddy, I´ll bet you ANY amount of money that there have been days when you would go to the Red Sox team store and the employees didn´t immediately run up to the customers and say, "We´ve got tons and tons of Yankee gear here !!! Please buy as much of it as you possibly can, wear it in the park during the game, and try to shout down the hometown Red Sox crowd with shouts of ´Let´s go, Yankees.´"

Archived