5th round - Matthew Taylor - LHP - Middle Georgia College

Didn't read like you were asking, it read like you had already decided.

I'm asking while also guessing that he couldn't cut it at Bama/SEC. I'm open to whatever the real answer is. Obviously I don't know the answer.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about the fact that he transferred to JuCo, does that say he failed? Seems pretty obvious to me.

Many reasons for this - besides what is "obvious" to you. Maybe he did not like the coaches. Maybe he did not like the opportunities in front of him.

Suddenly, one year later, Georgia is excited to get him on campus but the Os step and grab him. Have to like 92 mph LHP who might be able to add some lbs to the frame.

Not sure if Taylor is to start or not, hopefully, will be comfortably better than the first comp that comes to my mind - Brett Bordes.

I don't feel real excited about the Round 3-5 pitchers, but until they are in the system and we see some results, I really can't either agree or disagree with Jordan's picks. Obviously, he sees something in these guys.

I don't feel real excited about the Round 3-5 pitchers, but until they are in the system and we see some results, I really can't either agree or disagree with Jordan's picks. Obviously, he sees something in these guys.

Obviously you haven't jumped from the "give them the benefit of the doubt" train to the "show me, because previous results don't match the rhetoric" train. I have.

Voice of reason.

Besides, when we give Bundy 27 million, the draft budget will be shot.

When he transferred out of Alabama, he committed to Georgia... one year at JuCo rather than sitting out a year means he can get drafted and consider going pro.

Unless they changed the rules, you can transfer in college baseball with no penalty. Happens all the time actually.

Edit: I guess they did change it a few years ago.

From a Tides message board yesterday:

MLB 2011 Draft starts tonight

Are we at risk of losing any of our recruits? I'm already assuming Dugas and Morgan are gone.

Oh BTW, little blurb from PG about Lefty Matt Taylor who transferred (or got run off by Bunn, whichever you prefer), ranks as the no. 9 draft prospect in Georgia.

9. MATT TAYLOR, lhp, Middle Georgia JC (So.)

Ex-Alabama lefty dominated (67 IP/112 SO) with 88-93 FB, + SL; + competes, excellent feel for pitching.

You can't convince me we couldn't have used him this year. All because, if rumors are to be believed, Bunn tried to change his throwing motion (which would explain why he got rocked in so many appearances also).

Obviously you haven't jumped from the "give them the benefit of the doubt" train to the "show me, because previous results don't match the rhetoric" train.

Not really. I haven't seen any evidence that Joe Jordan is an above average scouting director. But that doesn't mean he is wrong when he picks a guy whose stats aren't that dominant. Doesn't mean he is right, either. It's more giving the player the benefit of the doubt, not the player.

Not really. I haven't seen any evidence that Joe Jordan is an above average scouting director. But that doesn't mean he is wrong when he picks a guy whose stats aren't that dominant. Doesn't mean he is right, either. It's more giving the player the benefit of the doubt, not the player.

This is true, for sure. There really isn't much I can say about a particular player that holds any weight. I do want to see some big over slotting every now and then though, and I sure hope some of these picks start developing in our system.

Archived