Dbacks looking for a starter and reliever

Sports Guy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldschmidt and Skaggs are both untouchable. Parker probably is too. It's OK to dream, but the Orioles aren't getting any of those guys...

With that said, the Dbacks have a ton of guys that can help the Orioles. I can see them willing to give up a 3-4 player package of lower-rated, high upside guys for Guthrie and a solid 2 player package for Koji. Something like:

Guthrie for Patrick Corbin (SP), Wagner Mateo (CF), Brandon Allen (1B/LF)/Ryan Wheeler (1B/3B), & Yiomar Camacho (SP).

Koji for David Holmberg (SP)/Adam Eaton (OF) & Yonata Ortega (RP).

Some other possibile targets: Bobby Borchering (3B/1B), A.J. Pollock (CF), Marc Krauss (LF/RF), Chase Anderson (SP)

Potentially interesting throw-in types: Wade Miley (SP), Robbie Rowland (SP), J.R. Bradley (SP), Yazy Arbelo (1B), David Nick (2B), Keon Broxton (OF), Kyler Newby (RP), Kevin Munson (RP), Tyler Green (SP)

:eektf: ^^ Adam Eaton

Hahaha! Don't worry, it's a different dude...

How did Mateo land with the DBacks? I thought he was in the Cards system?

St. Louis had originally signed him but voided the contract soon after when they found out that he had a vision problem and the DBacks scooped him up.

Goldschmidt and Skaggs are both untouchable. Parker probably is too. It's OK to dream, but the Orioles aren't getting any of those guys...

With that said, the Dbacks have a ton of guys that can help the Orioles. I can see them willing to give up a 3-4 player package of lower-rated, high upside guys for Guthrie and a solid 2 player package for Koji. Something like:

Guthrie for Patrick Corbin (SP), Wagner Mateo (CF), Brandon Allen (1B/LF)/Ryan Wheeler (1B/3B), & Yiomar Camacho (SP).

Koji for David Holmberg (SP)/Adam Eaton (OF) & Yonata Ortega (RP).

Some other possibile targets: Bobby Borchering (3B/1B), A.J. Pollock (CF), Marc Krauss (LF/RF), Chase Anderson (SP)

Potentially interesting throw-in types: Wade Miley (SP), Robbie Rowland (SP), J.R. Bradley (SP), Yazy Arbelo (1B), David Nick (2B), Keon Broxton (OF), Kyler Newby (RP), Kevin Munson (RP), Tyler Green (SP)

I'd rather have Goldschmidt and two others for Guthrie & Koji than all that bulk the O's will end up losing in the rule 5.

Archived