Rasmus

paulcoates

Giants are including Zack Wheeler now. Horrible deal IMO.

Can't be both Wheeler and Brown. Has to be one or the other.

BTW, this was one of the teams I mentioned above that was rumored to be caving on a prospect thought untouchable. There was at least one more (though it looks like SFN has wrapped this deal up).

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't be both Wheeler and Brown. Has to be one or the other.

BTW, this was one of the teams I mentioned above that was rumored to be caving on a prospect thought untouchable. There was at least one more (though it looks like SFN has wrapped this deal up).

Olney is reporting Wheeler as the centerpiece. Sanchez and Brown are out.

It was only this complicated because Toronto didn't have a "now" ML starter they were willing to part with, so they had to go out and get one from Chicago. The 4-4 part is accounting -- proscouts grabbing pieces they like to "balance" the deal.
Exactly...There was also some money balancing going on between St Louis and the BJs...That may not have been needed in an O's deal and if so, no biggie if we had to bring back Miller and Tallet to make the deal anyway.

Have heard SFN was breaking on including Wheeler. I wouldn't necessarily move Jones in a deal that is headlined by Brown. But Wheeler? Certainly.

I obviously know nothing about Wheeler other than what I see in his stats and that he was drafted 6th overall. That said, wouldn't his command give you pause to dealing a guy like Jones for him?

I obviously know nothing about Wheeler other than what I see in his stats and that he was drafted 6th overall. That said, wouldn't his command give you pause to dealing a guy like Jones for him?
I would have wanted Wheeler in a Jones trade but would have needed Belt as well...a lot of it is for the reason you said..plus, he is far away from the majors.

No. I like his motion enough, and his arm action was easy when I saw it. I think command will be fine, long term.

I really want to know what the final deal is with the Giants and Mets. If the Mets aren't adding something, the Giants are getting fleeced. I wonder what Jones actual value is right now.

As it stands, the Giants are getting hosed. Apparently they are sending Zach Wheeler and CASH to the Mets for Beltran.

An eight-player deal was struck today, as the Blue Jays announced they've acquired center fielder Colby Rasmus and pitchers Trever Miller, Brian Tallet, and P.J. Walters from the Cardinals for starter Edwin Jackson, relievers Marc Rzepczynski and Octavio Dotel, outfielder Corey Patterson, and three players to be named later or cash considerations.

Three PTBNL? I wonder what kind of quality they might be.

I wouldn't trade Jones for that group... Card's really really wanted to get rid of this guy.
And we would get a lot more than that for Jones, who is having a better season and hasn't hurt his value like Rasmus has. The 2 situations aren't even comparable.

Archived