vs. White Sox 8/10

The Rick

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible managing by Buck tonight, simply terrible. He didn't use a lefty for Pierre. If you aren't going to use a lefty for Pierre why not JJ? It is ok to use JJ in a tie game in the 8th but not with a 2 run lead in the 7th, comical. I know his options are limited but it makes no sense. Berken is the last guy to use in a big spot.

Who cares? This team is going no where any way and he was 36. I wish we had gotten prospects back, but you can't really defend holding on to him.

Also, without the Koji trade we might not have been leading tonight going into the 7th.

Who cares? This team is going no where any way and he was 36. I wish we had gotten prospects back, but you can't really defend holding on to him.

I still consider Davis a prospect, well of sorts at least. Give him the rest of the year at 1B/3B. I actually like that this seems to be audition time for a few roster spots.

Horrible managing by Buck tonight, simply terrible. He didn't use a lefty for Pierre. If you aren't going to use a lefty for Pierre why not JJ? It is ok to use JJ in a tie game in the 8th but not with a 2 run lead in the 7th, comical. I know his options are limited but it makes no sense. Berken is the last guy to use in a big spot.

More I think about it, the more I realize I'm wrong. You guys are right.

Pierre vs left: .324/.425/.333

Pierre vs right: .262/.300/.323

That's fine. You don't use Berken, makes no sense. Go to JJ if you want to use a righty. We all know Berken sucks.

Oh no, I agree. I have never liked Berken even when he had a decent stretch last season. He just isn't a good pitcher imho. Just pointing out that you were right on that he should have used JJ.

Oh no, I agree. I have never liked Berken even when he had a decent stretch last season. He just isn't a good pitcher imho. Just pointing out that you were right on that he should have used JJ.

It isn't like we are gonna need JJ for a bunch of leads the rest of the year. We are hardly ever in that spot.

Archived