vs. YANKEES 8/26

OFFNY

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No quality start for Tommy Hunter tonight, even though he held the Yankees to 1 run in the first 6 innings, and only gave up the 3 runs in the 7th inning after we were up by a score of 12-1.

This is one game where failing to get a quality start doesn't feel like it was a bad night at all. He worked more than 6 innings, the minimum needed for a QS, so maybe that should offset somehow the fourth run that exceeds the QS margin. I think he definitely pitched well enough to earn a pat on the back, even if some arbitrary journalist didn't want to call a 7-inning, 4-run performance a quality start.

I mean if you think about another situation where a pitcher goes 9 or 10 innings and gives up 4 runs, there's no way you could say that he didn't have a "quality start", where "quality" just means "really good". But if you stick to the strict definition, then no, a 10-inning, 4-run performance isn't a definitional quality start. Which sucks.

No quality start for Tommy Hunter tonight, even though he held the Yankees to 1 run in the first 6 innings, and only gave up the 3 runs in the 7th inning after we were up by a score of 12-1.

A friend of ours in NYC walked into a bar about an hour ago. And they had turned the game off.

Do you guys mind if I doze off? Is that acceptable?

So far I haven't found any evidence of OH posters dozing off and that costing us the game. Some late-night munchies nearly put the Yanks back in the game tonight, but fortunately, people satisfied their hunger quickly, before Hunter served up a grand salami. :laughlol:

I don't think the same curse applies to dozing.

So far I haven't found any evidence of OH posters dozing off and that costing us the game. Some late-night munchies nearly put the Yanks back in the game tonight, but fortunately, people satisfied their hunger quickly, before Hunter served up a grand salami. :laughlol:

Good good. Unfortunately...it's too damn hot to sleep.

I think full attention is required for tonight. At this point, it has become the equivalent of a game seven of the World Series for the Orioles.

Archived