vs. YANKEES 8/26

OFFNY

I missed anything pregame because my brother called from Afghanistan, but caught a lot of the early Oriole scoring. That string of extra base hits was great, with home run bookends...wow. I would have put the game on DVR but that call tied me up for 70 minutes...good enough reason, though, I guess.

The scheduling for the rest of the games is pretty odd...I think they could have gotten all of them in on this stop without having to use an off-day. Oh well. I'm just glad to see part of what should be a great win for the team and the city.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, while I always love to see an appearance by Jim Johnson (go Jim!), I think it was absolutely the wrong move to bring him in for such a non-critical situation.

We're up by 7 and whoever comes on just has to record three outs. Any reliever in our pen except Kevin Gregg could do that with a very high success rate. And if you look at the Gonzo of August and ignore the early season, I'd say that his success rate would be >98%. I'd have hoped that we could save Jim Johnson for the rest of the games of this series.

We're still playing them 3 more times before they leave for Boston, right? Two on Sunday and one on Monday? One day of rest is the kind of rest Jim has been getting most of the season, but it starts to wear on him when he carries as many innings as he has this year.

I missed anything pregame because my brother called from Afghanistan, but caught a lot of the early Oriole scoring. That string of extra base hits was great, with home run bookends...wow. I would have put the game on DVR but that call tied me up for 70 minutes...good enough reason, though, I guess.

The scheduling for the rest of the games is pretty odd...I think they could have gotten all of them in on this stop without having to use an off-day. Oh well. I'm just glad to see part of what should be a great win for the team and the city.

Ah...pissing off the Yankees is worth it.

Archived