Is Soriano the first player the O's SHOULD go after?

Andy_Dufresne

Power, speed, proven decent LF, great attitude, stealing one from the rival down the parkway. Solves the LF problem, the middle of the order problem, the power problem, he's in his prime, has handled AL pitching. 5/75 right out of the block.

Don;t back load it peter.

For once in 10 years, angelos needs to be a real man and pony up. Over pay iof need be, but establish some balls and credibility by getting the best player available.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't fault him, just a little perplexed as to why mcneck says he won't sign here. We give him the best offer, I think he signs here.

Perhaps he'll want to play second base again. With his big numbers and multiple teams after him, he has the upper hand on where he'll be playing. And we have Brian Roberts.

Perhaps he'll want to play second base again. With his big numbers and multiple teams after him, he has the upper hand on where he'll be playing. And we have Brian Roberts.

I think he is comfortable enough in LF that he won't turn down a bidder just because they see him in LF.

No...If/when he becomes available, Aramis Ramirez should be #1.

We should get in on Matsuzaka and see how much he is as well.

For your sake I hope Ramirez is available. I fear he is using his opt out as leverage with the Cubs. He is very comfortable there and I could see them tearing up his contract and writing a new one. So if Ramirez isn't available, which FA bat do you go after?

For your sake I hope Ramirez is available. I fear he is using his opt out as leverage with the Cubs. He is very comfortable there and I could see them tearing up his contract and writing a new one. So if Ramirez isn't available, which FA bat do you go after?

First of all, i agree it is likely ARam stays....But it is not the slam dunk that Dave and other Cubs fan think it is. I don't see how he at least doesn't test the FA waters, even if it ultimately leads to him signing back with Chicago.

What FA bat would i go after? I am not sure i go after any of them to be honest(besides cheap bench/platoon guys).

I would go in the trade market first....I think we could get Geoff Jenkins for very little...He has had alot of 870+ OPS seasons and can give us 25+ homers in LF. I think he could give us the same production as Lee.

I would also go back to the Burrell deal and see if anything can happen there this time around.

As i have said many times before, i would go after a top young first baseman.

Now, if Nomar doesn't go for more than 2/18 guaranteed or Craig Wilson goes for 2/10 or less, i would consider them in the FA market.

Archived