Scott Profrock (PHI Assistant GM) to interview

PrivateO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like the thing Britt said about him not being nearly as much of a scouting/player development guy as the other candidates.

Well, keep in mind that Andrew Friedman had a year's experience in a baseball FO, and his best trait is apparently: "his ability to listen and incorporate the opinions of others."

I don't like the thing Britt said about him not being nearly as much of a scouting/player development guy as the other candidates.

Well, he might not be as much of a "scouting/player development guy" as the other candidates. But the problem with the other candidates, is that they don't consider themselves candidates and would rather lie down in traffic than take this job. Basically, we need the best guy who's hungry/desperate enough to take this job.

So bring in a scouting an player development guru also. Todays GMs are not scouts. They hire good folks and listen to them. And then make the tough decisions.

Give it a rest. I suggest you get help if you consider a baseball team owner "the scum of the earth", " an everyone is counting until he dies." Really??? So much for rules of OH.

I'm being serious does he really not know that no one likes him and is portrayed badly, not that it will change the way he does things but you think it would at least bother him a little.

So bring in a scouting an player development guru also. Todays GMs are not scouts. They hire good folks and listen to them. And then make the tough decisions.

Good point. That LaCava was granted permission to bring in 7 of his own is a very good thing.

The new guy will be lucky if Angelos springs for a copy of the Bill James Handbook

Is that a total budget or just this year's salaries?

Total budget I think.

Proefrock interviews tomorrow.

LET us go then, you and I,

When the evening is spread out against the sky

Like a patient etherized upon a table;

Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,

The muttering retreats

Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels

And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:

Streets that follow like a tedious argument

Of insidious intent

To lead you to an overwhelming question….

Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”

Let us go and make our visit.

Nice work on the TS Eliot.

Let us go then, you and I

When the evening arcs against the sky

Like home runs off every Oriole bat;

Let us go, through OPACY:

A bird on our hat

That's orange and black,

From Boog's BBQ to the warning track.

In the Warehouse the FO comes and goes

Muttering about the Angelos...