Updated: Orioles acquire Taylor Teagarden

Sports Guy

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's Randy Henry.

Edit: Tony had him rated as the #22 prospect

Thoroughly underimpressed with Teagarden and his .220 Average ... I guess we didnt give up much to get him. But seriously couldnt we have gotten Shoppach or someone without giving up anything? I dont know why anyone here would celebrate this move...Another poor hitter tha Buck will under use because hisbat is a 0.

I haven't been wringing my hands. But players like Teagarden change hands all the time for a PTBNL or a waiver claim. I don't see a reason to give up a prospect of any caliber.

I guess I like Teagarden better than you. I think he will prove to be above average for a back-up C, and able to step in and do a decent job on a more full-time basis if Wieters gets injured at any point. I think his defense will be at a levell where Buck will be able to give Wieters 5-10 fewer games behind the plate and either rest him or put him at DH.

I would rather it take 2 months and done something that made more sense.

Well least its out of the way and DD and Buck can focus on other stuff. Whats the big deal? And how does this not make sense? Please spare me the "we gave up a young arm." Who cares about Randy Henry? Lets see what this FO does before we start lambasting them.

As opposed to a non top prospect that you're suddenly infatuated with? You would have killed to get TT two years ago...

So what? I would have liked to get a lot of guys 2 years ago.

What difference does that make?

And btw, 2 years ago, we still had Wieters and I wouldn't have given up value for a catching prospect unless he was going to be flipped to a 3rd team...so your statement is both poor and inaccurate.

Archived