• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really doubt the Orioles will get Prince Fielder, but anyone who gets him for 5 years is getting a good deal. $20-23m/year + some number of incentives. I won't say you "can't lose" with it, but not many big sluggers his age sign FA contracts that would be considered "intelligent."

Having said that, I still expect him to get signed to a stupid contract.

Ken_Rosenthal: High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB [via Twitter]
Seattle has a Latin market? Latin is a dead language isn't it? Besides, I thought the biggest market they have is Starbucks.

I certainly wont get my hopes up because I lost all hope long ago. I have a few friends who are also Oriole fans.......we used to discuss the players and who we thought should be traded or what position the team should try to upgrade in the off season. No more. If we even discuss the Orioles at all anymore, which we rarely do, it's just in a joking matter. Im sure the latest addition to the pitching staff will be the running joke for a while.

1) Seattle and the Latin market are tied together in the same post

2) Latin is what they spoke in ancient Rome, and pre-Vatican II churches, as opposed to the Latino market.

I'm confused. His tweet is talking about the Marlins not the Mariners.

I guess Boras could talk Fielderinto swinging for the short porch in RF at Camden if the Orioles offer the most money.

The key part of the statment you mentioned is "Other Clients".

Carlos Beltran could be another possibility as he fits the LH bat that can backup CF profile...

Seattle has a Latin market? Latin is a dead language isn't it? Besides, I thought the biggest market they have is Starbucks.
Marlins vs Mariners not withstanding this is an interesting question. Here's one explanation:

Hispanic: a person of Latin American or Iberian ancestry, fluent in Spanish. It is primarily used along the Eastern seaboard, and favored by those of Caribbean and South American ancestry or origin. English or Spanish can be their ?native? language.

Latino: a U.S.-born Hispanic who is not fluent in Spanish and is engaged in social empowerment through Identity Politics. ?Latino? is principally used west of the Mississippi, where it has displaced ?Chicano? and ?Mexican American.? English is probably their ?native? language. ?Empowerment? refers to increasing the political, social, and spiritual strength of an individual or a community, and it is associated with the development of confidence of that individual or community in their own abilities.

Latin: an abbreviation for ?Latin American,? or ?Latinoamericano? in Spanish (written as one word), a Latin is a person who was born in Latin America and migrated to the United States. Regardless of his or her immigration status, a Latin is a foreign-born worker for whom English is a ?foreign? language and who lacks the cultural fluency taken for granted by those born and raised in the United States. Spanish, Portuguese, or an indigenous language is their ?native? language.

http://www.hispaniceconomics.com/overviewofushispanics/hispaniclatinolatin.html

Archived